Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
gianluca

Drives: Land Rover Freelander
Chevrolet Camaro GS.R technical specs

Hi everybody. My name's Gianluca and I write from Italy.
I need some informations about the technical specs of the 2010 Camaro GS.R and maybe someone can help me.
I saw the "GRAND-AM Camaro GS.R Build Thread" started by Jatterbu and I tried to contact him via pm to have these informations, but he's away from the forum and I don't know when he will be back. So I've decided to start a thread to ask everybody else.

I'm a member of the community that is developing the racing simulation Project Cars (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/).
This is one of the car that probably will be in the simulation, but to simulate at best the vehicle the developers that work on the physics of the car need to know the technical specifications of the Camaro. When we are lucky we find the technical manuals of the racing cars, where there are all the informations that the developers need, when not we have to use the specs that we find on the web.
For the Camaro we don't have the manual and on the web there are very few details about its specs. I found this forum and the build thread while I was looking for pictures of the chassis of the car and I thought that was a good idea to ask help to Jatterbu for the technical specifications.

In particular we need to know:
1) The horse power and the torque of the engine and the corrispondent revs; I found a generic 426 bhp at 5900 rpm on the web.
2) The top speed.
3) The weight of the car. In particular the weight of the vehicle with its fluids and the fuel, or the dry weight. In this way the devs can calculate the mass of the car and the brake and the weight distribution to simulate it properly.
4) The fuel tank capacity and the fuel consumption.
5) If the car has a pit speed limiter and the cockpit's adjustable brake bias.
6) I know the car has the ABS and I need to know if the driver can adjust it from the cockpit, selecting different positions or turning it completely off.

The reason because I tried to contact Jatterbu is that we need 100% sure informations about the specs of the car to be able to simulate it properly. And only the official service manuals and the people who drive or take care of the car can give this certainty.

The simulation will be out on november 2014. It's a european project, but the american racing world (Nascar, Indy, Grand-AM) will have its space and we have already many american members.
On youtube there are lot of videos of the game, but that is still a development version of the simulation and isn't yet close to what will be the final one.

So guys, if someone can help me in this research, giving me the informations I'm looking for or telling Jatterbu to have a look here, that would be great and very helpful for the developers who are making the game.
For now I thank you and salute you. Bye.
gianluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
gianluca

Oh, I've checked the email and I found out that Jatterbu (Joey) sent me an email a couple of hours ago to answer my questions. Sorry for the new thread guys.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
chad156

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So post up the answers!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
gianluca

Yeah sure, sorry for not doing that before.
The answers to the six questions above are these:

Quote:
1) I do not know the EXACT horsepower and torque number's on the engine. The engines are built by a specified manufacturer that GRAND-AM decides, their top numbers will be confidential. I would say that the Camaro is roughly 450-475hp and equal 450-475lb/ft for torque in race trim for GRAND-AM CTSCC.

2) The top speed on the vehicle is 170mph. We use the stock transmission and stock gear ratios. At Daytona it is possible to hit 170mph in 5th gear at the rev limiter with a draft. The car 'could' go faster, however 6th gear is an overdrive gear and does not have the power to accelerate with such a large rpm drop at such a high speed.

3) The weight on the Camaro GS.R will vary slightly between teams. Currently the minimum weight for the vehicle is 3300lbs WITHOUT fuel or driver. Figure 175lbs for driver and about 130lbs for fuel and that comes to roughly 3600lbs filled up.

4) Current rules mandate that the Camaro GS.R has a 20 gallon fuel cell. This can change based on rules adjustments at anytime.

5) Yes the car does have a pit lane speed limiter button. We do not have a brake bias controller.

6) The car does have the adjustable Bosch ABS system in it. This is an adjustable system from 1-11, you can also turn the ABS off if you wish. The car is terrible without ABS, since the CTSCC cars have to use a stock master cylinder and stock booster, if you take ABS off the car you have very little feel of the brakes and when they lock.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Is this the same as the Moreno Brother's G5.R Camaro build?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
Hey there, I may be able to help. The Stevenson #9 I drive has been racing a full season later than the Mitchum car. PM me for my email address.
Driver, #9 Stevenson Motorsports Sunoco Camaro
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote