Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Thread Closed
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #267
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,965
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  145.2 KB
Bhobbs is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #268
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Which Dodge(s) are you referring to? I assure you I'm a Chevy fan.
I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:
Attached Images
 
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #269
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:
Yeah kinda sorta, if you really squint your eyes and put one hand over one of them...kinda. The blacked out back was popular in the late 60's and as ssrs396 posted, you can see in those pictures it was popular on Camaros too. Like I've said, at some point no matter what you do you'll see a similarity to something some one has done somewhere.

I like the C2 back too but that one seems to have gotten the least amount of reaction for some reason. Here it is with the tail lights larger as you requested.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept back C2a.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  68.9 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #270
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Attachment 551668
That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #271
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.

Yeah. I was thinking of it as an evolution of the 14 refresh.
Bhobbs is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #272
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,622
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Z28.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  108.7 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #273
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Attachment 551820

Hmmm what if D3 is the rally sport version and B2 is the regular Camaro, I have always felt that the RS package should be a little more dramatic and not just a small change, sort of like the hideaway headlights on a 67-69 Camaro. It probably might not be feasible but one can dream. Plus it would please both camps.
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #274
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Hmmm what if D3 is the rally sport version and B2 is the regular Camaro, I have always felt that the RS package should be a little more dramatic and not just a small change, sort of like the hideaway headlights on a 67-69 Camaro. It probably might not be feasible but one can dream. Plus it would please both camps.
I don't know if they'd want to go to the expense of two separate back ends and tail light assemblies. Probably not but I agree there should be more of a visual difference between the models.

I'd like to see just one V6 base model with the standard package of power, handling, features, that could be usable as a daily driver or just an all-around town/travel car. It should have an upgraded interior; no more plain and LX. As nice an interior as any of the other models except it doesn't have the extra performance features/gauges/seats/seat belts etc. of the higher performance V8 models.

The Rally Sport (RS) should be the base model with upgraded wheels, sways, handling and a little more power. This could be for the sporty driver around town but not really a track car. Add the 4 minor gauges.

The Super Sport (SS) upgrades to the V8 and is aimed at straight line performance; not really a road course suspension but upgraded bushings and such for improved traction and control.

The SS 1LE is the upgraded street performance/road course car. This car could be used in autocross or HPDE events. Upgraded seats with 5-point harness option, tow hooks, fire extinguisher, etc.... a genuine track pack/kit option.

The ZL1 is an all-around high-performance GT. More power and torque than the SS; equal or better than the 1LE on the track due to its exotic magnetic suspension, yet the driver can adjust it for a street cruise every bit as comfortable as the base model if desired. Upgraded seats.

The Z/28 is the road course track monster. Specialized and optimized for road course. Although it's street legal it's not really a street car...not for everyone.

It would be nice if outwardly there were enough visual differences to distinguish the models besides just a badge or lettering. The fender flares and aero package would be enough for the 1LE and Z/28; maybe even have different spoilers for each so the Z/28 would get the more extreme track spoiler. The base model, RS and SS would not have the throttle-actuated hood vent; the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 would. Of course you could do things with wheels to distinguish the models.

I'll work on visual ideas for the various models.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #275
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I don't know if they'd want to go to the expense of two separate back ends and tail light assemblies. Probably not but I agree there should be more of a visual difference between the models.

I'd like to see just one V6 base model with the standard package of power, handling, features, that could be usable as a daily driver or just an all-around town/travel car. It should have an upgraded interior; no more plain and LX. As nice an interior as any of the other models except it doesn't have the extra performance features/gauges/seats/seat belts etc. of the higher performance V8 models.

The Rally Sport (RS) should be the base model with upgraded wheels, sways, handling and a little more power. This could be for the sporty driver around town but not really a track car. Add the 4 minor gauges.

The Super Sport (SS) upgrades to the V8 and is aimed at straight line performance; not really a road course suspension but upgraded bushings and such for improved traction and control.

The SS 1LE is the upgraded street performance/road course car. This car could be used in autocross or HPDE events. Upgraded seats with 5-point harness option, tow hooks, fire extinguisher, etc.... a genuine track pack/kit option.

The ZL1 is an all-around high-performance GT. More power and torque than the SS; equal or better than the 1LE on the track due to its exotic magnetic suspension, yet the driver can adjust it for a street cruise every bit as comfortable as the base model if desired. Upgraded seats.

The Z/28 is the road course track monster. Specialized and optimized for road course. Although it's street legal it's not really a street car...not for everyone.

It would be nice if outwardly there were enough visual differences to distinguish the models besides just a badge or lettering. The fender flares and aero package would be enough for the 1LE and Z/28; maybe even have different spoilers for each so the Z/28 would get the more extreme track spoiler. The base model, RS and SS would not have the throttle-actuated hood vent; the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 would. Of course you could do things with wheels to distinguish the models.

I'll work on visual ideas for the various models.
I'd think a throttle actuated hood vent would be deserving of the SS as well. It is in the high performance bracket.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #276
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I don't know if they'd want to go to the expense of two separate back ends and tail light assemblies. Probably not but I agree there should be more of a visual difference between the models.

I'd like to see just one V6 base model with the standard package of power, handling, features, that could be usable as a daily driver or just an all-around town/travel car. It should have an upgraded interior; no more plain and LX. As nice an interior as any of the other models except it doesn't have the extra performance features/gauges/seats/seat belts etc. of the higher performance V8 models.

The Rally Sport (RS) should be the base model with upgraded wheels, sways, handling and a little more power. This could be for the sporty driver around town but not really a track car. Add the 4 minor gauges.

The Super Sport (SS) upgrades to the V8 and is aimed at straight line performance; not really a road course suspension but upgraded bushings and such for improved traction and control.

The SS 1LE is the upgraded street performance/road course car. This car could be used in autocross or HPDE events. Upgraded seats with 5-point harness option, tow hooks, fire extinguisher, etc.... a genuine track pack/kit option.

The ZL1 is an all-around high-performance GT. More power and torque than the SS; equal or better than the 1LE on the track due to its exotic magnetic suspension, yet the driver can adjust it for a street cruise every bit as comfortable as the base model if desired. Upgraded seats.

The Z/28 is the road course track monster. Specialized and optimized for road course. Although it's street legal it's not really a street car...not for everyone.

It would be nice if outwardly there were enough visual differences to distinguish the models besides just a badge or lettering. The fender flares and aero package would be enough for the 1LE and Z/28; maybe even have different spoilers for each so the Z/28 would get the more extreme track spoiler. The base model, RS and SS would not have the throttle-actuated hood vent; the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 would. Of course you could do things with wheels to distinguish the models.

I'll work on visual ideas for the various models.
The way I see it is...

LS- base car v-6 B2

RS- base car v-6 with appearance package (D3 rear led lights, upgrade wheels, suspension and more options then base.

SS-base car V-8 B2 with upgraded wheels suspension and more options.

SS/RS V-8 car with RS appearance package.

SS 1LE track package RS available

ZL1

Z28


To me this works with both your designs of the rear.
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #277
RA1987
 
RA1987's Avatar
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 92129
Posts: 443
Can you make one that looks like the 2010-2013 Camaro?
RA1987 is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #278
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Attachment 551820
D3 looks so much more bad@ss to me.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #279
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I'd think a throttle actuated hood vent would be deserving of the SS as well. It is in the high performance bracket.
I thought about that before making that statement but the actual purpose of the throttle actuated hood vent is to relieve air pressure under the hood at high speed; such as you'd encounter on a road course. GM said they eliminated 200 lbs of lift in the front with the hood vent on the Z/28. That improves front grip in high speed corners; a situation you simply won't find anywhere but on a road course. That's why I decided to not include it on the street SS which should be mostly straight line performance. If it turns out people really like that feature and want it, well....my decision was based on logic; market demands could change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
The way I see it is...

LS- base car v-6 B2

RS- base car v-6 with appearance package (D3 rear led lights, upgrade wheels, suspension and more options then base.

SS-base car V-8 B2 with upgraded wheels suspension and more options.

SS/RS V-8 car with RS appearance package.

SS 1LE track package RS available

ZL1

Z28


To me this works with both your designs of the rear.
Again the question is, would GM want to go to the expense of producing two completely different backs and tail light assemblies? Considering just how expensive it must be to make the back assembly, I'm guessing no. They probably have to get each back crash and safety certified too I would think. I'm with you aesthetically; I'd love to see not only B and D backs but I also actually like C; the one that looks like the 69 Camaro style.

I have an idea that might work though... I could design the back so that the recessed area where the tail lights are is a removable piece (unbolted and removed from the inside). This way the entire back assembly can be the same on all 3 styles, but by being able to change the recess insert you could have different tail light units in them. It would also be easier to paint the blackout since it's a separate assembly; no need to mask the back before painting. It might even be cool to have the bolts for the recess assembly show on the outside; might give it a military/industrial look. I'll have to play with that as a styling feature.

Only thing I don't know is if that separate recess idea would be structurally sound enough but I imagine GM's engineers could figure that out. Production-wise it's an extra assembly step; adds extra fasteners and inventory items. Don't know if the sales would justify it... it IS an idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1987 View Post
Can you make one that looks like the 2010-2013 Camaro?
You mean the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
D3 looks so much more bad@ss to me.
Yeah it does have that fighter jet on the flight deck ready to launch look. And I do believe if you saw this in your rear view mirror coming up behind you, your instinct would be to move over.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Z28 front.jpg
Views: 2304
Size:  58.4 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #280
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 370
Not to slam anybody because it takes a lot of time to come up with these designs. Also I admire anybody associated with the designing and building of the Camaro but all of these rear designs look better than the 14 refresh IMO. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of these designers and at the same time would love to do it if I had the skills.
ssrs396 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.