Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Thread Closed
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #256
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
And now for something (mostly) completely different; no black out in the back! It also has a slightly different license plate recess.
Attachment 550966

At first glance it seems kind of weird but for some strange reason I also kind of like it lol.
Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......
Attached Images
   
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #257
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 365
A little change on the exhaust.
Attached Images
 
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #258
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #259
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......
Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Name:  2016 Camaro back B2.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  67.6 KB

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Name:  2016 Camaro back B2q.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  68.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
A little change on the exhaust.
I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #260
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.
The body height from this particular view which is license plate-level (and wouldn't happen in real life) makes the body appear higher than it would really look because normally you would have 3 dimensional perspective. You can also see from the side and perspective views that the body height isn't that high. In fact in actuality it would be less than the Mustang in your sig.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F 3-view.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  195.9 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #261
EastWood-SS
Born To Run
 
EastWood-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada... for now.
Posts: 468
that front end is killer.
__________________
Just Lettin' the Night Roll...

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes






EastWood-SS is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #262
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,829
So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #263
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Attachment 551522

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Attachment 551523



I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.
Think Z/28 option!
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #264
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,829
This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #265
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
that front end is killer.
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

Oh I don't know...still working on details but for all I know they may have already seen it and are saying "Damn we should have done that back for our refresh!" or they're laughing and saying "Can you believe this clown?!". Ya never know lol. At any rate it's been entertaining and educational for me and compared to my first images I posted in this thread I'm getting better at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Think Z/28 option!
Ya know...you just might be onto something... I'll put the aero package on it; maybe even something heftier than what I've already done. Great idea ssrs396!

Here's a preliminary front view based on the side and top views so these dimensions are pretty close to correct. Although I really like the SS logo in the front (and I think that's the way it should BE) I know they'd want to put the gold Chevy logo there instead so that's here in this view. I put the SS logo about where I'm guessing they'd put it...I don't know, maybe it should go a little higher. I can't decide if the running lights should be bigger, smaller or longer.... like I said this view is preliminary.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept front.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  68.8 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #266
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.
It would be easy to make the winglets bolt-on caps; you'd just have a gap/seam on the side where it joined the body instead of the smooth continuous look on my design but that's an easy option.

Yeah on the back with the round tail lights there's just too much dual round going on visually I think. Here's the D3 view with the quads; works much better.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept D3q.jpg
Views: 28754
Size:  72.9 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #267
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,483
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  145.2 KB
Bhobbs is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #268
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Which Dodge(s) are you referring to? I assure you I'm a Chevy fan.
I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:
Attached Images
 
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #269
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:
Yeah kinda sorta, if you really squint your eyes and put one hand over one of them...kinda. The blacked out back was popular in the late 60's and as ssrs396 posted, you can see in those pictures it was popular on Camaros too. Like I've said, at some point no matter what you do you'll see a similarity to something some one has done somewhere.

I like the C2 back too but that one seems to have gotten the least amount of reaction for some reason. Here it is with the tail lights larger as you requested.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept back C2a.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  68.9 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #270
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Attachment 551668
That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #271
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.

Yeah. I was thinking of it as an evolution of the 14 refresh.
Bhobbs is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #272
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Z28.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  108.7 KB
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.