Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro forum, news, rumors, discussions

Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Exactly! And that 2016 will be an alpha platformed new modeled camaro. Totally revamped.
That's the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
So, the current Camaro will have had a nice 6-year run. That's just about perfect, IMO. Long enough so that no one who wants one should be complaining that it wasn't available long enough. But not so long as to get stale.
The interesting thing about this generation is that it's design has been around since 2006 in the form of the concept car...So as far as looks and "oldness" go - it'll be 9 years old if by 2015 it's a new generation. Not to shabby considering I still drool over them when I see one.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #77
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
I don't understand why anyone is questioning the timing of the 6th gen. It's been officially stated that Camaro production is moving to Lansing and we know it will be late 2015. They will not be building a Zeta car at a factory that produces Alpha vehicles. Period. End of discussion.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #78
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The interesting thing about this generation is that it's design has been around since 2006 in the form of the concept car...So as far as looks and "oldness" go - it'll be 9 years old if by 2015 it's a new generation. Not to shabby considering I still drool over them when I see one.
I bet you just peek in the windows and look at the floor mats. Do you keep a chamois on you so that you can wipe up their window when you're done?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #79
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I bet you just peek in the windows and look at the floor mats. Do you keep a chamois on you so that you can wipe up their window when you're done?
...hah, but you would have to crawl inside and take a deep breath like Jimmie Johnson and say....I love that new car smell...
Old 03-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #80
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It's actually 4 years. Model years '10, '11, '12 and '13 with a '14 refresh and '15 final year. Camaro production will shift to Lansing some time in 2015, probably for the '16 model year.
Good catch.