Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #52
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 342
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #53
MikeT
 
Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 278
God bless you guys who, for whatever reasons, are hoping the next Camaro is delayed until the 2017 model year... but you're dreaming.

GM has flat-out told the Canadian Auto Workers that Camaro production is ending in Oshawa in 2015. Period. Anyone who knows anything about the automobile business knows that you don't antagonize the unions just for s---s and giggles. Not worth the headaches. If they say the Camaro is moving to Lansing in 2015, they mean it.

And, obviously, they're not going to be building the current Camaro in Lansing alongside the ATS and the CTS, but rather the next Camaro.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #54
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.

7 Years is way to long for a car to be around . If you look at most car companies, cars change every 4-5 years it seems.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #55
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,623
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.
It would be smarter marketing to offer a new generation immediately before or after a major milestone to artificially boost sales numbers in a model year with no other significance.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #56
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
God bless you guys who, for whatever reasons, are hoping the next Camaro is delayed until the 2017 model year... but you're dreaming.

GM has flat-out told the Canadian Auto Workers that Camaro production is ending in Oshawa in 2015. Period. Anyone who knows anything about the automobile business knows that you don't antagonize the unions just for s---s and giggles. Not worth the headaches. If they say the Camaro is moving to Lansing in 2015, they mean it.

And, obviously, they're not going to be building the current Camaro in Lansing alongside the ATS and the CTS, but rather the next Camaro.
You are right. The Camaro is moving the Lansing. So based on that statement, if they aren't actually firing up production of Camaro there until sometime in 2015, that means the next gen Camaro will be a 2016 model, maybe a late 2016 model depending on when production begins, like the 2012 ZL1.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #57
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You are right. The Camaro is moving the Lansing. So based on that statement, if they aren't actually firing up production of Camaro there until sometime in 2015, that means the next gen Camaro will be a 2016 model, maybe a late 2016 model depending on when production begins, like the 2012 ZL1.
Well, since the cars are being built at two different plants, the first 6th gen could roll off the line at the same time as the last 5th gen. I doubt that would happen but it's still a possibility.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #58
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Well, since the cars are being built at two different plants, the first 6th gen could roll off the line at the same time as the last 5th gen. I doubt that would happen but it's still a possibility.
Interesting...Don't know how flexible they need to be as far as when the last cars roll off, or if it's written in stone when they will shut down no matter what...
...I would think they'd pump out as many as possible up to the last minute...just in case there were "delays" at the new plant....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #59
MrBowTi3
 
MrBowTi3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS Victory Red Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Seems a bit quick to me, Car came out in 2010 it is now 2013 , i would think at least 3-4 years maybe more . I do like that pic , car looks awesome , But once again i wont beleive anything till GM puts it out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah BUT the concept for the current style has been around since 2006. so the style has been around for a while. Also with a new Mustang around the corner, GM will need to refresh the Camaro to keep it exciting until the new model is ready.
the car went into production in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
God bless you guys who, for whatever reasons, are hoping the next Camaro is delayed until the 2017 model year... but you're dreaming.

GM has flat-out told the Canadian Auto Workers that Camaro production is ending in Oshawa in 2015. Period. Anyone who knows anything about the automobile business knows that you don't antagonize the unions just for s---s and giggles. Not worth the headaches. If they say the Camaro is moving to Lansing in 2015, they mean it.

And, obviously, they're not going to be building the current Camaro in Lansing alongside the ATS and the CTS, but rather the next Camaro.
Too add to this why in the hell would you pay your employees to learn how to build a car for one year just to change the car and have to pay for them to learn how to build it must be too much like right for some to accept
__________________

Last edited by MrBowTi3; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.
MrBowTi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #60
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
...in my mind no way will Oshawa retool and then have it built by Lansing the following year.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #61
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,971
New grills, lights, interior more than likely. New motors probably not until 6th gen.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #62
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...in my mind no way will Oshawa retool and then have it built by Lansing the following year.
Oh, for sure...lol...I was referring to the end of the Gen5 production and the overlap (if any) with the Gen6 in Lansing....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #63
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
...yes, no overlap will happen, refresh cosmetic for sure, news release? Lets see.....probably another half year special issue edition...427 1LE perhaps, or even the Z/28, which I doubt. But, in three weeks we know for sure!
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #64
*007
 
Drives: Getaway Special
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Globe Trotter - CIU
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...yes, no overlap will happen, refresh cosmetic for sure, news release? Lets see.....probably another half year special issue edition...427 1LE perhaps, or even the Z/28, which I doubt. But, in three weeks we know for sure!
Sources tell me the opposite. Slightly shaken please. Z28 IS coming.
*007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #65
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Sources tell me the opposite. Slightly shaken please. Z28 IS coming.
...Q asks what your sources are....LOL...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #66
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...in my mind no way will Oshawa retool and then have it built by Lansing the following year.
Re-tool? There is no need to re-tool anything for a minor re-fresh which is what the changes will be. They will likely just be slapping on a slightly different front fascia and rear end or rear diffuser.

The Camaro IS going to Lansing.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #67
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBowTi3 View Post
the car went into production in 2009



Too add to this why in the hell would you pay your employees to learn how to build a car for one year just to change the car and have to pay for them to learn how to build it must be too much like right for some to accept
I know the car went into production in 2009. But Its pretty damn close to the concept that debuted in 06, and the vert concept that debuted in 07 before finally coming to production in 09. Just my opinion, this style has been around a while and to me its getting boring. Thats just me though
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #68
KarFan
 
KarFan's Avatar
 
Drives: CARS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 525
A model refresh for 5th Gen won't change the timing of the 6th Gen.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.