Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
MBS


 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,496
Seems a bit quick to me, Car came out in 2010 it is now 2013 , i would think at least 3-4 years maybe more . I do like that pic , car looks awesome , But once again i wont beleive anything till GM puts it out .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #44
jkupa10
 
jkupa10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SE MI
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
Lol mis unformed.. do any of you have any idea how much it costs to do a mid model facelift.. it isn't something you do if your releasing a brand new platform in a year. The new camaro WILL NoT HIT THE GROUND before a new cts.. the cts and camaro are again going to be built I n the same platform and that car isn't hitting rhe ground until 2016.. the gen 6 is going to be a 2017 model.. wht would they wait.. hmm I don't know, maybe for the 50th.. naa. That makes way sense huh?
I'm surprised how many residents of Warren and Milford we have in this thread...
__________________
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #45
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Nobody's saying it will. CTS debuts at the end of this month and will be in production by the end of the year. Camaro will probably be around the 2015 timeframe.

And Camaro will most likely be on SWB Alpha, not LWB Alpha like the CTS.

Anniversary years are a stupid thing to base future product predictions off of. It makes no difference.

Not really. The average is closer to 5. Seven is way too long compared to the rest of the industry, and the bankruptcy delayed a lot of the current programs.
To the OP - Fenwick is one of the most informed guys when it comes to the "heartbeat" of GM and their products. His opinion/information is usually spot on. I would listen to him. It's been publicly stated that the Camaro will be moving production to the Lansing plant by mid to late 2015. Do you really think they'd build a Zeta platform vehicle at a plant which is producing Alpha vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
I'm surprised how many residents of Warren and Milford we have in this thread...
__________________
2016 Camaro 1LT V6 A8 - "Elmo" - LGX V6 with 8-Speed Automatic, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"


Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #46
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If they end up going with the Leno front end...I may be saying bye bye to my heritage grille, and street scene lower grille.....and the entire bumper lol.
Exactly!!!
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #47
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
I think there is a new engine coming, well not new, but new to the Camaro
LT1 detuned to 440HP? I see this as a very good possibility, not only a few cosmetic changes but throw some excitement into the mix like a little added HP to keep the interest up!
__________________
Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #48
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
LT1 detuned to 440HP? I see this as a very good possibility, not only a few cosmetic changes but throw some excitement into the mix like a little added HP to keep the interest up!
Why should we accept a detuned LT1?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #49
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why should we accept a detuned LT1?
Because most v8 engines the Camaro inherits from the Corvette is detuned. If they released the base v8 Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette then the corvette snobs will ride their high horses to GM and complain.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1LT V6 A8 - "Elmo" - LGX V6 with 8-Speed Automatic, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"


Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #50
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Because most v8 engines the Camaro inherits from the Corvette is detuned. If they released the base v8 Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette then the corvette snobs will ride their high horses to GM and complain.
I get what you are saying but LS1 Camaros dyno'd more than what they were rated at. It's more likely that GM just throws a different HP number on the Camaro and blames it on more restrictive exhaust.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #51
shaffe


 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Seems a bit quick to me, Car came out in 2010 it is now 2013 , i would think at least 3-4 years maybe more . I do like that pic , car looks awesome , But once again i wont beleive anything till GM puts it out .
Yeah BUT the concept for the current style has been around since 2006. so the style has been around for a while. Also with a new Mustang around the corner, GM will need to refresh the Camaro to keep it exciting until the new model is ready.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #52
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 475
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
MikeT
 
Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 280
God bless you guys who, for whatever reasons, are hoping the next Camaro is delayed until the 2017 model year... but you're dreaming.

GM has flat-out told the Canadian Auto Workers that Camaro production is ending in Oshawa in 2015. Period. Anyone who knows anything about the automobile business knows that you don't antagonize the unions just for s---s and giggles. Not worth the headaches. If they say the Camaro is moving to Lansing in 2015, they mean it.

And, obviously, they're not going to be building the current Camaro in Lansing alongside the ATS and the CTS, but rather the next Camaro.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
shaffe


 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.

7 Years is way to long for a car to be around . If you look at most car companies, cars change every 4-5 years it seems.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #55
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,692
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
I'd be happy to see this generation of car last until 2017 for the 50th anniversary. I think generation is ideally suited for a 50th Anniversary car, but granted NO ONE really knows what the next generation is going to look like. Just going off the sketches i like this one much better.
It would be smarter marketing to offer a new generation immediately before or after a major milestone to artificially boost sales numbers in a model year with no other significance.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
God bless you guys who, for whatever reasons, are hoping the next Camaro is delayed until the 2017 model year... but you're dreaming.

GM has flat-out told the Canadian Auto Workers that Camaro production is ending in Oshawa in 2015. Period. Anyone who knows anything about the automobile business knows that you don't antagonize the unions just for s---s and giggles. Not worth the headaches. If they say the Camaro is moving to Lansing in 2015, they mean it.

And, obviously, they're not going to be building the current Camaro in Lansing alongside the ATS and the CTS, but rather the next Camaro.
You are right. The Camaro is moving the Lansing. So based on that statement, if they aren't actually firing up production of Camaro there until sometime in 2015, that means the next gen Camaro will be a 2016 model, maybe a late 2016 model depending on when production begins, like the 2012 ZL1.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.