Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #43
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
It is also based on your driving record, how many vehicles you own, how many policies you have and YOUR CREDIT SCORE. Get a quote in writing from your insurance agent first.
Good point. Credit score is the one component people tend to not know about.

In my case it was after a fresh ticket before the trade, and my number of vehicles owned and policies didn't change, and my credit score couldn't have gone up after taking on more debt. So I have to chalk mine up strictly on the extra safety and security features. It wasn't much but still went down some.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Is 456 a good credit score?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Is 456 a good credit score?
No
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If you love your V6 and have above normal mileage but still want the V8 performance you should think about a Supercharger I have the IPF supercharger kit and it out performs a stock V8. Take a browse over at the V6 FI area and you will see the ease of install as well as still getting better mileage than a V8.
Win Win in my book if you love your car !
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #47
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Insurance seems decent for me , its now a case of getting what i want for my car, I did pm Becky for her professional opinion on the offer i received and a good price to shoot for on the SS I'm lookin at!!!! I'l keep em crossed until then. Thanks for all your support and imput! At the end of the day I still drive the coolest muscle car out to date!!! Jus the smaller version!!!!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #48
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
If you love your V6 and have above normal mileage but still want the V8 performance you should think about a Supercharger I have the IPF supercharger kit and it out performs a stock V8. Take a browse over at the V6 FI area and you will see the ease of install as well as still getting better mileage than a V8.
Great option! I considered this myself, but at the time the STS turbo was the only show in town. Many FI options for V6 now!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #49
Qtrofablock

Quote:
I've been over there checkin it out alot lately after going to the track for the first time in my life! Been twice in the past month (I kinda suck) but its fun as hell and very legal!!!!!! best time 14.9 @ 98mph!!!Need some speed! But if you d a supercharger did you change out your gears as well!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Old 11-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Insurance seems decent for me , its now a case of getting what i want for my car, I did pm Becky for her professional opinion on the offer i received and a good price to shoot for on the SS I'm lookin at!!!! I'l keep em crossed until then. Thanks for all your support and imput! At the end of the day I still drive the coolest muscle car out to date!!! Jus the smaller version!!!!
Nothing wrong with weighing all options, and you're right, at the end of the day you do still drive the coolest muscle car out to date!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #51
Nutbutt

Down in FL there are a lot of great Installers carrying the IPF SC kit. Give Jesse a call at IPF and he can give you all the details on the system/Install/financing. And tell him Nutbutt told you 888 222-4291.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #52
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I tried to sell my 2011 1LT RS/RS didnt have any luck,now i have to trade it in.I ordered the 2013 SS 1LE/RS red/black NPP.This will be my 1st V8 im 53 it took my whole life,but i cant wait, so excited.My 1LE should be at the train yard today so hopefully i get it in a couple days.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #53
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I tried to sell my 2011 1LT RS/RS didnt have any luck,now i have to trade it in.I ordered the 2013 SS 1LE/RS red/black NPP.This will be my 1st V8 im 53 it took my whole life,but i cant wait, so excited.My 1LE should be at the train yard today so hopefully i get it in a couple days.
Thats friggin awesome! 1LE!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #54
Qtrofablock

Quote:
Down in FL there are a lot of great Installers carrying the IPF SC kit. Give Jesse a call at IPF and he can give you all the details on the system/Install/financing. And tell him Nutbutt told you 888 222-4291.
Thanks I will after the v8 bug dies down!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #55
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
My insurance actually went down a few bucks when I traded. Insurance company said it was because of the security and added safety features of the SS.
I'm not aware of any added security and safety features that SS has over the V6.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #56
Nutbutt

You really don't have to change out anything. The V6 is built like a brick S%$# house. With stock gears you are looking at low 13's in the 1/4 mile and some have pulled high 12's, Thats stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
I've been over there checkin it out alot lately after going to the track for the first time in my life! Been twice in the past month (I kinda suck) but its fun as hell and very legal!!!!!! best time 14.9 @ 98mph!!!Need some speed! But if you d a supercharger did you change out your gears as well!