Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-20-2024, 07:15 PM   #15261
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Did the first paint correction and paint sealing. My body hurts..I'm old. It was worth it, always is. Did a proper wash and polished with Meguires Ultimate polish. I'm not ready for ceramic coatings yet (i'm old) so I went to my favorite wax, Meguires Ultimate synthetic wax (took me a while to move on from carnuba). Just damn. Photo doesn't do it justice. I am pleased.

-Ray
Attached Images

Ray3768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 07:36 PM   #15262
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3768 View Post
Did the first paint correction and paint sealing. My body hurts..I'm old. It was worth it, always is. Did a proper wash and polished with Meguires Ultimate polish. I'm not ready for ceramic coatings yet (i'm old) so I went to my favorite wax, Meguires Ultimate synthetic wax (took me a while to move on from carnuba). Just damn. Photo doesn't do it justice. I am pleased.

-Ray
Beautiful ride! Has that old school look to it, I'm also old
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 07:40 PM   #15263
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Looks gorgeous, good work! To be perfectly honest, if you did the paint correction, ceramic is no harder (and probably easier) than the wax. I finally coated mine with ceramic last spring (I struggle with the idea, like you) but I am so glad I did it. The car is so much easier to keep clean now.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 08:08 PM   #15264
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Looks gorgeous, good work! To be perfectly honest, if you did the paint correction, ceramic is no harder (and probably easier) than the wax. I finally coated mine with ceramic last spring (I struggle with the idea, like you) but I am so glad I did it. The car is so much easier to keep clean now.
Noted. I know I have to make the jump. Just need more time for research. The Meguires so easy to apply and buff out. I'm getting there. The goal is to make it easier to maintain. Took awhile for going to synthetic wax. A good friend related this anecdote several years ago. He waxed his 2010 Camaro 2SS with Meguires NXT Tech Wax. He stopped to admire his work and smoke a cigarette. A bird flew over the car and dumped a load...it slid right off. I was sold at that point. Been great since. At least I'm off the carnuba..

-Ray
Ray3768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:40 AM   #15265
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Noted. I know I have to make the jump. Just need more time for research. The Meguires so easy to apply and buff out. I'm getting there. The goal is to make it easier to maintain. Took awhile for going to synthetic wax. A good friend related this anecdote several years ago. He waxed his 2010 Camaro 2SS with Meguires NXT Tech Wax. He stopped to admire his work and smoke a cigarette. A bird flew over the car and dumped a load...it slid right off. I was sold at that point. Been great since. At least I'm off the carnuba..

-Ray
Fresh carnuba can't be beat, for shine. It just doesn't last long. And it made my dark red 4th Gen Z28 look slightly brown.

I used Blue Collar 1 ceramic coating by Apex Auto Detailing. Super easy to apply and buff. It may seem expensive for a coating ($80 but will cover 2 cars, I also coated my Ford Edge), compared to a bottle of wax, but you have to keep in mind that it'll last for 3 years with good care. Mine is still going strong just over a year. It was highly recommended by professionals in the Beginner Detailing group on Facebook.

https://apexsurfaceprotection.store/...g-5-year-30-ml
https://youtu.be/MVlhlyJKIwg?si=LAA5kPqW0QPtvr4P

There are many other good options out there as well, but this is my personal favorite.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:12 PM   #15266
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Yup that is BLUE!!!. Looks very nice! Good job.
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 01:11 PM   #15267
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quick wash this morning before work.
Attached Images

sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote