Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #29
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Sweet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
OP one thing I might have forgotten to add...the MBRP requires cutting the stock exhaust behind the cats. They give you a diagram and tell you how far back to cut it. Make sure you read it, measure it, and cut it carefully. If you cut too much then it will be too short in length. If you don't cut enough then it will protrude out too far. So use a marker for cutting it. if you don't have power tools then you can do what I did and use a manual pipe cutter.
Thanks for the info! I made sure to cut the the stock exhaust in the right spots and the install went flawless. The only issue I had was I originally got the Street version instead of the Race version. That was a mistake... Scott at MBRP helped me replace the muffler with the Race pipes so I could correct the mistake. It turns out the Street version causes drone with a 10 speed automatic ZL1 the Race has no drone and sounds excellent. Thanks for your help, I'm loving the exhaust!
Old 05-11-2022, 08:28 PM   #30
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Thanks for the info! I made sure to cut the the stock exhaust in the right spots and the install went flawless. The only issue I had was I originally got the Street version instead of the Race version. That was a mistake... Scott at MBRP helped me replace the muffler with the Race pipes so I could correct the mistake. It turns out the Street version causes drone with a 10 speed automatic ZL1 the Race has no drone and sounds excellent. Thanks for your help, I'm loving the exhaust!
Absolutely!!

Just wait till you throw some LTs on there!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:38 PM   #31
2023ZL1
BLACK 2019 ZL1

Drives: 2007 COBALT, 2019 CAMARO ZL1
MBRP over Corsa IMO. All Corsa had going for them was their double x-pipe and cat delete connections with the cat back kit, which is no longer available unfortunately. Corsa is over hyped and overpriced, for me it was MBRP or AWE Tuning and ultimately, I decided on the MBRP because I'm in Canada and it came from a Canadian supplier. I've got CSP 2" headers that will be going in this summer and it'll be dyno tuned then. Mods being a rotofab intake, 2" long tube headers and cat less 3" full exhaust.
2023ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:49 PM   #32
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
It’s under a lowered car, who cares! No one cares or sees a waste of money like that.
This is the problem people always think you gotta get the big names to produce great sound. I have the Mbrp axle back and guarantee it sounds better than most with my also cheap speed engineering headers lol