Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
tow

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange LS Camaro
Passenger seat air bag sensor

My 2010 Camaro passenger air bag turns off and on randomly with passenger in the seat and displays check air bag system on display when off.
I notified Chevrolet Customer Complaint and took to the dealer and it was diagnosed that the passenger seat sensor pad needs to be replaced.
I have seen other threads from Camaro owners with the same issue.
I am asking GM to cover the cost to replace as there are several other Camaro owners with this issue listed on the NTSB web site where owners had to replace the sensors at their cost. my car has 65000 miles and the passenger seat has not been used enough for the pad to wear out.
If you are having the same issue speak up maybe GM will step up!
tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tow View Post
My 2010 Camaro passenger air bag turns off and on randomly with passenger in the seat and displays check air bag system on display when off.
I notified Chevrolet Customer Complaint and took to the dealer and it was diagnosed that the passenger seat sensor pad needs to be replaced.
I have seen other threads from Camaro owners with the same issue.
I am asking GM to cover the cost to replace as there are several other Camaro owners with this issue listed on the NTSB web site where owners had to replace the sensors at their cost. my car has 65000 miles and the passenger seat has not been used enough for the pad to wear out.
If you are having the same issue speak up maybe GM will step up!
tow,

Sorry to hear about your passenger seat airbag sensor concerns. I realize how concerning that would be and apologize for your frustration. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
tow

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange LS Camaro
Passsenger Air Bag update

Just got my Camaro back from the Dealer.
Diag. Code B0074. Found Mass Sensor Damaged at Pins Replaced Mass Sensor and Set Up. Replaced sensor pad on passenger seat.
I ended up paying $160.51 GM and Al Serra Chevrolet Grand Blanc reduced from $600.00 original quote. Read on order" Customer bought vehicle here Loyal GM Customer". I have been buying cars from Al Serra and GM since 1978.
I still have a concern that the passenger air bag sensor pads have a quality issue. If anyone has the same problem, passenger air bag system turns off and on randomly when passenger is in the seat report it to GM so it can be logged and investigated. You also can log into NTSB web site http://www.safercar.gov/ to log a problem maybe a recall will be issued.
GM did respond to my complaint right away and opened a case.
tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
I am having same issue with my 2010, it has 36000 miles, and rarely has anyone in passenger seat. Local dealer wants 200 just to hook scan tool up, and will charge more if other is needed to determine problem. From using a friend's scan tool it is saying passenger seat sensor is bad, how do I get gm to cover this, dont have 1000 dollars laying around to have sensor replaced.
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote