Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 03-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Camaro SS vs. (new) RS5

Twin turbo V6, full time AWD (60R/40F), 3649lbs, 0-60: 3.9 secs

If you live in the northeast, meet your new playmate. The roads here will be full of these within a year or two...and piloted by obnoxious idiots who can't drive. It'll be interesting to see the rest of this car's stats, if they actually let people turn off the nannies and the price tag. I've driven the last V8 version and wasn't impressed. It's definitely not a sports a car, but probably the best option for a rich highway commuter for year-round fun where it snows and rains regularly.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/07/a...e-geneva-2017/
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #2
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Nice car and it sure is great to have AWD for winter season in Michigan, but I'm sure the price would be like double of 2SS. I've never driven RS5 but last S5 I drove on Nurburgring felt nose heavy - heavy front with AWD added up to be quite an understeering car.
I'll stick with my Camaro and spend some here and there to make my play thing little more playful.

Or if I were in a new car market, I would probably go with ZL1 instead of RS5.

I love the RS7 though.... Seriously considering that one as a replacement for XF.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Nice car and it sure is great to have AWD for winter season in Michigan, but I'm sure the price would be like double of 2SS. I've never driven RS5 but last S5 I drove on Nurburgring felt nose heavy - heavy front with AWD added up to be quite an understeering car.
I'll stick with my Camaro and spend some here and there to make my play thing little more playful.

I love the RS7 though.... Seriously considering that one as a replacement for XF.

I love the RS7 too, but the want level has been superseded by the 2017 Panamera which looks amazing. I used to have a Saab 9000 Turbo which I loved, great to see the sports 5 door sedan/hatchback make a comeback!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post

All Audi's that I've ever driven have been tanks and very nose heavy. They finally shed some weight, but unless they relocated the positioning of the front axle this car is still going to chew threw front tires. The last gen RS5 I drove also had the worst steering feel ever....literally, there wasn't any. These are nice cars for highway cruisers to and from work for someone wanting a luxury performance car, but there are so many better options for the money. It's cheaper to buy a second and insure a Camaro or C7 as a second car than it'll be to own one of these.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #5
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I was in a 2015 Audi S4 before I traded it in for the 2SS.

The Audi RS5 will be a really nice car but certainly not a sports car. Audi does a pretty good job with the fancy differential to try to neutralize most of the understeer but it is still there. Doesn't erase the fact that it is a heavy car with most of the weight up front. My prediction is they will be great highway cruisers and daily drivers with a high level of back roads ability but certainly not at home on a track when compared to a more legit sports car.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:35 AM   #6
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I was in a 2015 Audi S4 before I traded it in for the 2SS.

The Audi RS5 will be a really nice car but certainly not a sports car. Audi does a pretty good job with the fancy differential to try to neutralize most of the understeer but it is still there. Doesn't erase the fact that it is a heavy car with most of the weight up front. My prediction is they will be great highway cruisers and daily drivers with a high level of back roads ability but certainly not at home on a track when compared to a more legit sports car.
^^ my guess is in line with this. the RS5 will be great for a majority of people's "sports car" needs.. but when pushed beyond say 7/10s it will start to be less enjoyable. I got really excited about the audi S3 because everyone said it was incredible, the haldex AWD, the chassis, the power.. WOW. I traded my '16 Camaro SS for a '16 S3 and guess what? after the first time I took it the track I was immediately looking for a different track car.

if the car won't be tracked/autocrossed, the RS5 will feel like a supercar. getting it out on a circuit will make it feel terrible. somehow, Porsche seems to be one company who has figured out a way to make an AWD car still very fun on the track. i'm sure it has something to do with the engine being in the rear.

The RS4 will surely be more capable than my tuned S3, but I just don't think it'll be exciting enough. And it looks like a tesla to me.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 AM   #7
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
^^ my guess is in line with this. the RS5 will be great for a majority of people's "sports car" needs.. but when pushed beyond say 7/10s it will start to be less enjoyable. I got really excited about the audi S3 because everyone said it was incredible, the haldex AWD, the chassis, the power.. WOW. I traded my '16 Camaro SS for a '16 S3 and guess what? after the first time I took it the track I was immediately looking for a different track car.

if the car won't be tracked/autocrossed, the RS5 will feel like a supercar. getting it out on a circuit will make it feel terrible. somehow, Porsche seems to be one company who has figured out a way to make an AWD car still very fun on the track. i'm sure it has something to do with the engine being in the rear.

The RS4 will surely be more capable than my tuned S3, but I just don't think it'll be exciting enough. And it looks like a tesla to me.
I'm curious to see how the TT-RS and RS3 end up...that could be the ticket right there as they were built for the track more than any of the other RS cars. I secretly pine for a RS3 hatchback but that'll be a cold day in hell before Audi offers it here.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #8
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
The new RS5 is lighter than before; it's about the same weight as an SS.. that said the price is 80k euros. It's more of a luxury GT than a track car/hoonmobile.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote