Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Share your favorite AutoZone stories here!

This should be good. Lets hear it!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Got a good deal on some MAX LEDs for my Grill Lighting

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I stopped at my local Autozone to pick up some cleaning supplies 5 minutes before they closed. I forgot that I had my pistol on my hip, as I entered the store asking if I was too late to make a purchase. The clerk saw my firearm and jokingly said "sure take your time, I'm not about to tell an armed customer no". I frequent this store often so they know me. Sometimes when I show up they ask me what I'm carrying today.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I bought some male/female quick connects and an add-a-fuse for my lighting about two weeks back. Pretty good experience and it's easy to get in and out.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Any funny stories? Or people that don't know anything?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Everytime I go in, it takes 5 ppl to find a part, and they usually dont find it.

My dad has a 79 Z28 with a bigblock 496 that we go there for, and they just dont get it.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Ok so here is one...

Before purchasing my Camaro I was having suspension issues with my 08 impala. Everyone told me the vibrations in the back and wear on the inside of my tire was due to my camber being off. Two alignments later and still the problem so they said it was probably that my struts were worn (110,000 miles).

So I ordered two new rear struts online for in-store pick up at a local Autozone. Meanwhile I decided to car shop. Purchased my 13 VR 2LT on April 8th. A week later I went to Autozone to try and get my money back for the struts. They still had them.

I told the guy I had ordered struts online and he went in the back and grabbed them. I told him I needed to return them. He asked for my receipt. I ordered online and could not find the receipt in my email and he proceeded to tell me they would only be able to give me store credit.

I said, but... you... know... they... are... from... here... you just went in the back and got them. I havent even touched them lol

He informed me that the system needs a receipt number or some hoopla to refund the cash. I ended up with a $120 gift card to autozone.

So I said ok well do you have "such and such" parts for my new car?

Autozone Rep: What is it?

Me: 13 Camaro 2LT

Autozone: Oh no we wont have parts for like 3 years for something that new......

Needless to say I have over a hundred dollars invested in car care products lol
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Everytime I go in, it takes 5 ppl to find a part, and they usually dont find it.

My dad has a 79 Z28 with a bigblock 496 that we go there for, and they just dont get it.
They probably recommended the stick on paintable hood scoop to enhance airflow too? :puke: they are used to Honda civics not muscle cars. I wa there the other day and he told me he didn't want a camaro so he got a Mitsubishi because he wanted it to look "sportier" whatever it looked like
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post
Ok so here is one...

Before purchasing my Camaro I was having suspension issues with my 08 impala. Everyone told me the vibrations in the back and wear on the inside of my tire was due to my camber being off. Two alignments later and still the problem so they said it was probably that my struts were worn (110,000 miles).

So I ordered two new rear struts online for in-store pick up at a local Autozone. Meanwhile I decided to car shop. Purchased my 13 VR 2LT on April 8th. A week later I went to Autozone to try and get my money back for the struts. They still had them.

I told the guy I had ordered struts online and he went in the back and grabbed them. I told him I needed to return them. He asked for my receipt. I ordered online and could not find the receipt in my email and he proceeded to tell me they would only be able to give me store credit.

I said, but... you... know... they... are... from... here... you just went in the back and got them. I havent even touched them lol

He informed me that the system needs a receipt number or some hoopla to refund the cash. I ended up with a $120 gift card to autozone.

So I said ok well do you have "such and such" parts for my new car?

Autozone Rep: What is it?

Me: 13 Camaro 2LT

Autozone: Oh no we wont have parts for like 3 years for something that new......

Needless to say I have over a hundred dollars invested in car care products lol
Good story, but I'm begging you. Don't use those swirl city cleaning products. Please, I beg of you lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I get what I need and only talk to those guys when it's time to answer credit or debit.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
LOL nah just car wash soap and tire and wheel polish etc.

Although I will say one of my favorite things I have found was the "absorber towel" and it has yet to leave a mark. It makes drying very easy with no lint. It will have to do until I get a air dryer
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
It takes FOREVER to get anyone to help you and, if/when they do, if the computer can't find it they are NO help.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
my brother is a manager at auto zone, so this thread should be interesting
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
My experience with AutoZone has been generally positive. That is because I look up all of my parts online, check online to make sure the store has my parts in stock, and bring a part number and manufacturer listing for everything I need into the store.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote