Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2021, 05:25 PM   #1
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Only move with paddle shifters

So last night I made a pull from about 50 and when I got to the light and the light turned green the car acted as if it went in neutral... but when I used the paddle shifted into first it took off and when I put it back in drive drove as if nothing was wrong.. came to another light it bucked a little and did the same. Came to anther light it bucked hard and I didn't have to use the paddles anymore. Any idea

Cammed circle d 4k
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Shift linkage out of adjustment? The thing about random problems is over time and use they’ll no longer be random. You’ll find out exactly what the concern is.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #3
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
In your other thread you said the transmission was fresh. I wouldn’t be surprised if you have and issue somewhere in the transmission.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #4
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Guess I just won't do rolls lol. I'm more of a dig person myself lol
Old 08-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #5
Siadow

Drives: 2012 2LS
That happened to me a few weeks ago, every time I would stop my car would buck and act like it was in neutral when I hit the accelerator. Difference is, my car wouldn't even allow me to use my paddle shifters and acted as if "M" was neutral. lol

I went to my mechanic to get him scanned and was told that the module in my Transmission Control System wasn't working and I had to get it replaced. Code is know as "P0700." However that wasn't the case. When I recorded and cleared the codes with the scanner, the car started acting normal again. No more bucking or neutral mishaps, it was just a glitch in my system. Good thing it was too, because fixing that P0700 was going to destroy my wallet at the time

Hopefully it is just a glitch for you as well. Is it still happening?
Siadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:16 AM   #6
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siadow View Post
That happened to me a few weeks ago, every time I would stop my car would buck and act like it was in neutral when I hit the accelerator. Difference is, my car wouldn't even allow me to use my paddle shifters and acted as if "M" was neutral. lol

I went to my mechanic to get him scanned and was told that the module in my Transmission Control System wasn't working and I had to get it replaced. Code is know as "P0700." However that wasn't the case. When I recorded and cleared the codes with the scanner, the car started acting normal again. No more bucking or neutral mishaps, it was just a glitch in my system. Good thing it was too, because fixing that P0700 was going to destroy my wallet at the time

Hopefully it is just a glitch for you as well. Is it still happening?

Now it's happening every stop but I'm not getting a code. At least no CEL light. I'll scan it with my hptuners to see. But I've had that code in the pass with a previous transmission
Old 08-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #7
Siadow

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRI55 View Post
Now it's happening every stop but I'm not getting a code. At least no CEL light. I'll scan it with my hptuners to see. But I've had that code in the pass with a previous transmission
I'm sorry to here that dude, keep me updated. I hope it gets fixed
Siadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

So all yesterday i had to shift to first anytime under 10mph.... today. Got in it. Pulled to the end of the driveway n stopped and it jerked hard about 3 times and everything is normal now.... but I know if I do a 60 roll(which I dig race only roll for fun) it'll go back to acting weird