Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
BEWARE Extreme Online Store (EOS) products

OK guys,

I recently ordered an EOS ZL1 1LE style wing that had provisions for the rear view camera option. I have a BLACK (color code GBA) 2019 Camaro 2SS. As EVERYONE knows that is a NON-METALLIC black as opposed to the MOSAIC BLACK (color code GB8) exterior color

PRIOR to ordering, I contacted EOS to verify that the color option that THEY called CARBON FLASH would match my GLOSS BLACK paint. I was assured that it would. NOW, I thought that was strange quite frankly because most people are aware that CARBON FLASH as referred to in the GM world is REALLY a metallic black with small silver flakes in it which would be more of a match to MOSAIC BLACK. HERE is how EOS lists the wing I am specifically talking about:

https://extremeonlinestore.com/produ...37904700178602

If you notice when you go to the PULL DOWN menu, you can specify one of three color options with CARBON FLASH being ONE of them.

OK so I ordered the wing in CARBON FLASH and I am VERY HAPPY with it, Good paint match to my GLOSS BLACK paint, Good fit, good paint quality YADA YADA so I didnt really think TWICE about it, The reason I post this is because OTHERS with MOSAIC black cars have ordered this same wing thinking it would match their paint since it is logical to assume that what EOS CALLS Carbon Flash should match their cars but it DOES NOT.

I contacted EOS directly and informed them of their labeling error regarding mislabeling the color as CARBON FLASH but my impression is that WHOEVER is painting their wings for them is mistakenly painting them GLOSS BLACK instead of the CORRECT color CARBON FLASH (metallic black).

So the bottom line is if you are ordering this wing I would verify with EOS PRIOR to them shipping it to you what the actual color is on the wing they are sending you.

I will post back here once they respond to my email. I have made contact by phone as well.

Just to be very CLEAR, I have no issues AT ALL with the quality of the product. I think the product is a great value for the money. The issue is in the way they are labeling the COLOR and they in my opinion are not fully aware of what they are actually shipping from a color standpoint.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 12-21-2021 at 11:39 PM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
UPDATE

Late yesterday they responded that THEIR Carbon Flash was a really a GLOSS bLACK. Apparently they dont offer part in anything that would match a MOSAIC BLACK.

Myself and others have indicated to them that that causes confusion due to mislabeling but currently just beware thats the way it is for NOW with their products regarding color. Of course they do offer it in PRIMER black so that you could paint it the correct color. You could probably wrap it in any color that you wanted for that matter
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 12-22-2021 at 09:45 AM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:04 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Good to know - they really would sell a lot more stuff if they improved their marketing (it's super confusing trying to find the right part because they have multiple descriptions for the same products with different years of application).

Have you considered either re-painting it (or having it done) or seeing if they offer it unpainted? Even their unpainted products state that they are "primer black" or similar, when they actually aren't painted at all.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote