Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
OBD2 guage plugs getting in the way...

So, as the title states, my OBD2 connected gauge plugs are getting in the way. I have a Aeroforce interceptor gauge piggybackying a AEM wideband gauge. The problem is I'm 6'4 with a size 13 shoe and a manual transmission. I bump this plug almost everytime I get in the car. I don't wanna damage my OBD2 port or my gauge connectors. Is it safe to run one of the OBD2 extensions and tuck the cables up in the dash?
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
You can probably move the stock plug fairly easily. I would avoid adding in any more plug in connections that totally necessary, since each one adds a little bit of resistance and a chance of signal loss/degradation.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
There is a little clip to push in and then you can slide the plug out. I lay my sensor just above the factory location. There is a shelf there, it sits nicely and out of the way. I haven’t had an issue.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:25 AM   #4
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
There is a little clip to push in and then you can slide the plug out. I lay my sensor just above the factory location. There is a shelf there, it sits nicely and out of the way. I haven’t had an issue.
Perfect, that sounds better to me. I didn't want to run the extension to be honest.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
The AEM OBD2 plug isn't necessary to be plugged in unless you're exporting the info to say HP Tuners. The gauge's sensor in the exhaust is all that's necessary. This might help some. I just tuck mine up above the port when not in use.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:41 AM   #6
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
My obd port actually broke out of the bracket that hold it so I just tuck it right under the little ledge right above the panel that holds the connector under the knee panel and it works great. I'm sure you can just unhook the obd connector and do the same that way you won't have all that mess hanging down like that. I'm kinda glad mine broke because I don't know if I would have thought of that. lol
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote