Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
laljrod

Drives: Camaro SS
ZL1 Conversion bumper kit

Hey all,

Car was hit by the neighbor's kids with them crashing into the front bumper with a scooter and left some damage to it. I've thought about buying a ZL1 front bumper and having it painted to replace my old one.

My other option would be getting the current front bumper sanded and repainted, although, at the price I was quoted I'd rather go ahead and buy a new front bumper -- specifically the ZL1 one

A question for those that have or knowledgeable in the matter:

If I went ahead and put the ZL1 front bumper, what would happen in the future when I do sell the car? Would a dealership want the stock SS bumper or am I severely limiting myself selling it by doing this and would need to purchase an SS bumper in order to sell it?
laljrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
For resale value I think its better to keep it stock but its your car, do what makes you happy. Take photos to prove it wasn't actually in a accident and just a small incident.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:10 PM   #3
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Resell value won’t go down but it won’t go up either. Dealers simply want the car. But you definitely won’t get your money back for the modification.

I agree, do what you want to do and what you will enjoy. I had the zl1 1le bumper on my car and enjoyed it. Even it being the base 4 banger, I didn’t care about others opinions because I enjoyed it
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:50 PM   #4
Cptchris

Drives: Camaro 2019 2SS
You would have to get a bumper that is for a ss, the zl1 bumper will not fit it. Unless you get one made for the ss (aftermarket). As for the cost shouldn’t the kids parents be paying for the repair.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cptchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Better to go with the aftermarket parts instead of OEM because of cost and easier to install. Do a search on installing a ZL1 front bumper on an SS here on the forum and you will find some members have done it but involves changing other parts out other than the front bumper cover. I myself would just replace the SS bumper and call it done but it’s your car.