Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #1
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
Suspension Issue

Fellow Camaro6 owners....check this out. My RS has been making a weird clunking noise when I turn the steering wheel all the way right or left and when you start turning it back, the Damn wheel kicks out. Like a little nudge when you start turning the wheel back to dead center. Dropped it off to the dealership this morning and still no verdict. It's not the first time it has an issue with the suspension. Within the first 2 weeks of ownership I had to get the driver side front strut replaced.

Good luck to all my Camaro6 owners,

EagleRS
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
TMiller16SS

Drives: 2016 Adrenaline Red SS
When you had to get the driver side front strut replaced what was it doing?
TMiller16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
EagleRS

It was making a tapping noise....like something was loose near the strut tower. Almost like the tapping noise that you get when you forget to replace the strut bushing near the tower brace.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
EagleRS

Well apparently no one else has had this issue or no one gives a flip. Anyways, suspension issue resolved and so far so good with my RS. In addition to a crappy part and poor workmanship from the factory in Detroit, the person who replaced my defective strut never torqued down the mounting bolts for it. Therefore, 2 weeks later everything was acting up again. Thanks Rick Hendrick Chevy!!! I really appreciate it, 17 days without my "FU$#IN" Car"

EagleRS
Old 07-20-2016, 06:46 AM   #5
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Glad you got it resolved Eagle, can't believe they did not torque it , but then again yes I can lol
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
TMiller16SS

Drives: 2016 Adrenaline Red SS
[QUOTE=EagleRS;9213246]Well apparently no one else has had this issue or no one gives a flip. Anyways, suspension issue resolved and so far so good with my RS. In addition to a crappy part and poor workmanship from the factory in Detroit, the person who replaced my defective strut never torqued down the mounting bolts for it. Therefore, 2 weeks later everything was acting up again. Thanks Rick Hendrick Chevy!!! I really appreciate it, 17 days without my "FU$#IN" Car"

FYI i have a active post about a clicking or knocking sound at the front driver side at slow speeds. It just got fixed and it was the strut, they had to replace it. They said the noise is gone. Started with less than 200 miles on it. I haven't even went to pick it up myself yet. Probably wont pick it up until tomorrow.
TMiller16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRS View Post
Well apparently no one else has had this issue or no one gives a flip.

EagleRS
"No one gives a flip!" 7 posts in and your upset because the masses didn't come running to your thread?

As noted, there have been a number of conversations in the forum about similar issues. The search feature here can be a blessing.