Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Winter tires

I'm hoping some of out tire experts can give me some recommendations.
I have a 2013 2LT/RS I have the 20" polished aluminum rims.
the car came with summer tires,[ they've got 6k on them right now.] I'm going to drive the car some this winter so I'm looking for a good wearing performance all season tire in my odd sizes. 275/40ZR/20 rears and 245/45ZR/20 on the fronts. I do not want a second set of rims. and I don't want to keep switching back and forth between summer and winter tires. I realize I will be basically tossing out my stock tires with less than 10k miles on them but that may be the price I have to pay for getting the year round tires on the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Last edited by songsj; 08-17-2014 at 09:25 PM.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
if6was9

Drives: '10 LT1 RS (ABM), '69 Firebird 400
I can weigh in on the all seasons I have now. I have a set (4) of the General G-Max AS-03's in the stock sizes you posted. For an all-season tire they do very well in the rain. Since I bought My Camaro in April, I haven't had the chance to test them in the snow. But they do have an aggressive tread pattern, so I think they will do ok. There is a couple of drawbacks with these G-Max. They are on the harder side of summer performance tires. So when cold, they will slip a bit. But when warmed up they do just fine, for me. The other thing I've noticed is they tend to be noisy, and I see some slight cupping on the outer edge of the tread. This I'm sure is the cause of the noise. I have seen other posts also complaining about the noise factor.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
I can weigh in on the all seasons I have now. I have a set (4) of the General G-Max AS-03's in the stock sizes you posted. For an all-season tire they do very well in the rain. Since I bought My Camaro in April, I haven't had the chance to test them in the snow. But they do have an aggressive tread pattern, so I think they will do ok. There is a couple of drawbacks with these G-Max. They are on the harder side of summer performance tires. So when cold, they will slip a bit. But when warmed up they do just fine, for me. The other thing I've noticed is they tend to be noisy, and I see some slight cupping on the outer edge of the tread. This I'm sure is the cause of the noise. I have seen other posts also complaining about the noise factor.
I was looking at these but some reviewers have complained about weak sidewalls, one even had a blowout for no apparent reason?
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote