Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
agent5

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS (+RS) + Hurst+ DME
So now my heating core is in for repair

I have to admit, I love my Camaro so much but I'm so far disappointed with the amount of issues. Lots of small and not so small issues that have happened over the course of the first year I've owned it.

I got my 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS in Aug 2012. From the start I had issues with the infotainment system freezing up on me. A fix/firmware came out a few months later that finally fixed it. I've had my sunroof get misaligned and had to bring that in to get adjusted, I've had my remote radio receiver (remote/tpms) go out on me and had to go in 4 times until it was proven not to be anything else and got replaced. Now a little over a year I have my heating core go out on me which of course means taking out the windshield and console to replace it.

If this is how things are over 1 year on a new car than what will happen when I'm out of warranty??! I take very good care of my car, I drive it daily, I know the difference between wear and tear and failures and I feel it's more than I would have expected.

Am i over reacting?
agent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent5 View Post
I have to admit, I love my Camaro so much but I'm so far disappointed with the amount of issues. Lots of small and not so small issues that have happened over the course of the first year I've owned it.

I got my 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS in Aug 2012. From the start I had issues with the infotainment system freezing up on me. A fix/firmware came out a few months later that finally fixed it. I've had my sunroof get misaligned and had to bring that in to get adjusted, I've had my remote radio receiver (remote/tpms) go out on me and had to go in 4 times until it was proven not to be anything else and got replaced. Now a little over a year I have my heating core go out on me which of course means taking out the windshield and console to replace it.

If this is how things are over 1 year on a new car than what will happen when I'm out of warranty??! I take very good care of my car, I drive it daily, I know the difference between wear and tear and failures and I feel it's more than I would have expected.

Am i over reacting?
I feel the same way about my 2013 Chevy Cruze. I bought the car new last December. Living in Wisconsin and driving a Camaro 12 months out of the year is not a good picture. My cruze recently rolled 11,000 miles and it has back to the dealer at least 20 times and we have been together for 10 months.
Here's my list
4 loose bolts with the suspension
squealing noise was low on coolant took 6 trips to figure this out.
tensior replaced.
clunk every time I put it into drive.
back window is off of track shaking when I roll it up
my windshield molding is popped out but that is from leaving it parked at a airport for a week in September and it heated it up.
If my service manager and the BBB weren't working with me right now I would probably be going after the lemon law. GOOD LUCK
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote