Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
twill84

Drives: 2012 Black RS Camaro
New Camaro

I have a 2012 camaro rs V6, I wanted to change/add a few things to it as far as interior/exterior lights ..black out my lights, drop it a inch or so and add a little more horsepower if possible..any suggestions on shops in houston where i can get this done
twill84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Hey and welcome! I would recommend phastek performance - they have done quite a few things of what your talking about. Another good shop is oracle. Take a look at
www.h-towncamaroclub.com. The members are very helpful, the sponsors are great shops and you can get some more information on events going on in Houston
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill84 View Post
I have a 2012 camaro rs V6, I wanted to change/add a few things to it as far as interior/exterior lights ..black out my lights, drop it a inch or so and add a little more horsepower if possible..any suggestions on shops in houston where i can get this done
All the stuff you mentioned should be relatively easy to do on your own. There are TONS of threads about DIY interior lighting, and drop springs are pretty easy to install on your own. My recommendation is to do a lot research on here, and tackle the project on your own. But for drop springs, I went with BMR 1.2" drop springs, and I really like them. For power, I think a CAI is a good start for sure, and for interior lighting you can get a ton of that stuff from gen5diy.com or from AAC
Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill84 View Post
Juat one suggestion for blacking out tail lights and side markers. Don't buy the overpriced kits from a vendor. Just get a roll of window tint from your local auto parts store for ~$10 and do the work yourself. Mine have held up for nearly a year, look great and I saved money for use on other mods.

As far as lighting, or hell any other mod, go check out www.phastekperformance.com. Even if you don't order from them they have a great selection of parts to browse and get ideas for what you want to do to your Camaro.

Good luck, but be careful with your modding.... It's more addictive than crack.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Once again!! LOL CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can

think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes

off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't

care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the '12 RS V6

999 ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by DwRed1LTV6; 08-27-2013 at 07:48 AM.
DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote