Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
merry christmas to me, mod pics

well having posted new pics to my photo album as the garage profile apparently only lets you do low res. ones so the old pics not in my album are from my camcorder not my new camera . I am trying to insert some pics into this for others to consider. I bought a v-8 badge from classic industries for one and ground the pins off and carefully installed and razored the two sided 3-m tape to make up my retro badges.

I bought the front and rear billet ss badges, the stow away retractable license plate, and more ss badges. I relocated the trunk ss to above the steering column. I have led light strips in the front rad support ...Red, they are waiting for the multicolor mailslot scanner thats coming to hook up together. And the rocker panel and speer stripes . Along with the led DRL with the wiring to make them work during the day.. I also have the gill blackout combined with the retro chrome gill accent in my pics, and my new oil catch and CAI with the washer relocate and the scoop from apex.

People always ask for pics so heres my attempt, and maybe some ideas for you all. Merry Christmas I guess unless some one tells me the trick you all can check my profiles photo album for the new pics.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=95399 well heck this is supposed to be a pic? how do you do this?could someone throw me a bone? Are my album pics too large? I used the address in the url line in the post....

Last edited by christianchevell; 12-25-2012 at 08:01 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
SpkCamaro12

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS - Traded In
Very beautiful car! Not sure which pictures you wanted up.

TRADED IN - 2012 2LT RS - VMAX Throttle Body - MRT V1 - CAI - Trifecta Tune - Matching Interior Lightning (Footwells and Dome) - Sequential Taillights - Blacked out Front n Back Bowties - 228VX Train Horn

Traded for 2011 Corvette

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7428/sig2gx.jpg
SpkCamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Like the spears... you should the run the gold theme! Ironman Camaro...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Those SS's badges are sweet looking , Very Nice!!!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
OK, I want more pics of the sides. I am considering a similar strip on my rocker panels
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
HO HO HO, very nice ride that you have there!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

just gave my baby her first waxing I have had her about 6 weeks and her clear sheild just got on two days ago, I had to wait for it then sun...Oregon land of rain. I will post some better pics in my album now that are dry. Still though I wish I knew how to post pics, do you have to put them on another website to get the URL form thier posting there as the URL from the album here did not work?
Old 12-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG

Is that an eBay catch can with PVC hose? I think the look is a little emblem-happy. Merry Christmas.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

it is just a 40$ can and so far not a drop of oil in it. as far as the emblems well in 1967 etc they had the engine size, a ss and a camaro script, they also had a chevrolet script right on the front. I just simply placed what i could where i could for the retro look. The crossed flags were too big and fitting them in front of the fender would have been abnormal looking due to the curvature, and getting 376 numbers individually and placing them there also would have been off. SO I did what i could. And it is a ss with almost all the options, by the way the front and rear are billet aluminum and cost over 300$ for the pair and took the place of the bowtie like it would have been in the day...............And you drive a 2lt with a zl! front end? At least I share the zl1s steering and exhaust in my 2013. The catch can is just insurance and may disappear some day if my can never catches anything. And proper can placement means it has to be lower to allow oil to go down into it.
Merry christmas to you all.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
it is just a 40$ can and so far not a drop of oil in it. as far as the emblems well in 1967 etc they had the engine size, a ss and a camaro script, they also had a chevrolet script right on the front. I just simply placed what i could where i could for the retro look. The crossed flags were too big and fitting them in front of the fender would have been abnormal looking due to the curvature, and getting 376 numbers individually and placing them there also would have been off. SO I did what i could. And it is a ss with almost all the options, by the way the front and rear are billet aluminum and cost over 300$ for the pair and took the place of the bowtie like it would have been in the day...............And you drive a 2lt with a zl! front end? At least I share the zl1s steering and exhaust in my 2013. The catch can is just insurance and may disappear some day if my can never catches anything. And proper can placement means it has to be lower to allow oil to go down into it.
Merry christmas to you all.
The clear blue PVC hose looks like it will eventually collapse under vacuum. My RX can has already caught more than a drop of oil. I would advise you to look into a quality catch can from one of the forum sponsors. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not everyone is going to like ZL1 front end conversions and I'm fine with that. I respectfully think that there's a bit too many "SS" logos going on, combined with the gill scoop emblems. The thing I don't understand is if this was done on a Civic, people would call it rice.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote