Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Hankwvu

Drives: Gto
Hello everybody...

I wanted to drop in and say hello. I am in the staves of working a deal on a new '15 2ss. It is a rough go as the dealership I am working with would have to DX it in. I'm coming from the GTO community where I have enjoyed every minute of the last 8 yrs and 220k miles with my yellow goat. (I am keeping it BTW). I have liked the new gens since they came out. My question is it worth going for one of the remaining new ones with the 0%. Or should I be looking used. I know the new ones are taking a HUGE hit. Anything I should be aware of as I dip into this crowd. This will be a DD for me. I know the visibility does suck and I am a bigger guy, so it is a tiny bit tight. Right now I am at the stage where they are trying to locate one that I want.
Hankwvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Hello,

welcome the C5 there are a ton great people here with lots of insight and knowledge. If I were you I would purchase the brand new 15ss due to it having a warranty and free from previous mods. Sometimes getting something new and in your name only outweighs obtaining a vehicle with previous miles and mods. Just my .02
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Welcome man! I'd say buy used. There's a section of the forum where you can actually look at cars people are trying to sell here. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71 I wish I had heard of it before I bought my car. Most are already modded and all are used.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Welcome to the forum. Ordered my car for my DD and it is awesome. These cars drive great on the highway!
Old 03-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Welcome to the site. Do not worry about the visibility, set your mirrors right and there are no problems. Good luck with your decision.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #6
Hankwvu

My driving will be a HUGE mix. There will be normal work runs. However, I am a volunteer ff so there will be runs to calls. I also do long distance charity rallies. This can involve everything from running tracks to running cross country (drove from wv to CO a few years back). This usually involves a lot of twists up through the mountain roads as well. Vehicle life with me can be hard, but I enjoy it and certainly reward a vehicle for sticking with me. Like I said, my GTO absolutely rocked all these challenges. However, after packing on the 220k miles, she is starting to make me a bit nervous when I'm headed for another long drive. I've replaced one trans so far very recently. There are a few minor issues that are starting to add up. I should have just went and got a truck, but those prices are obseen. Not to mention I prefer to enjoy the drive. I've driven a few, but due to the lack of any 14-15's around me that I can drive again, this will basically be a blind buy (scarey). I drove a 16 to really get a good look at the blind spots, but I think I can survive.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445100
Old 03-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #8
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the deal, look forward to seeing some pics of the new ride soon
Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Mine is a daily driver, and I have NO complaints! The visibility thing is easy to overcome: Just always be aware of your surroundings and other drivers. I have come to love my mirrors! They haven't let me down yet, and pair them with backup alarms....You'll have no problems. Of course, if you buy 2012 or later, you will have a backup camera as well.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
Hankwvu

Well, I bit the bullet and joined the club today. Got a good deal on a left over 15 1le. I will get pics up soon.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Congrats and welcome. I also came from a GTO. You will love the Camaro.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:16 AM   #12
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Congrats, I also came from a GTO as well, you'll love the 1LE!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #13
Gerry S

Drives: 15 Chevy RS 2SS 6-Speed manual
New to the Forum

I been checking out the forum for awhile tons of information and good stuff. I purchased a 15 Camaro 2ss RS in Velvet Blue Silver Ralley stripes, NPP exhaust. Love the color and the ride . I had a Z28 in my younger years. Camaro fan for life. I shoot some pictures over when I can .I purchased the 2ss last May.
Gerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #14
Hankwvu

Well, things kind of fell apart for my deal. On Wednesday of last week, I went in, agreed upon a price and signed some docs. I asked a million times if the car I was signing on was good to go. They told me "yes" and "not to worry". Well, the following day, I got a call saying the car was already sold. Of course that ticked me off. So they did some searching, and couldn't find anything. I did some searching myself and found one in NJ. This one had no sunroof. However, they said they had a place that would do one. I agreed to look at numbers on that one. However, it has been 4 days and I can't seem to get them to get back to me. I have since gone to 2 other dealerships with money in hand ready to buy. But no one wants to deal. I guess GM doesn't want to sell cars. I got myself hyped for a 1 le. I understand it will ride like crap on my long trips, but everything I have seen and read says it is the way to go. Well, time is about up with the incentives here at the end of the month. Not sure what I will do.