Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
SquirrelCat

Drives: Barracuda
Fuel Pump Control FPCM - In 70s Muscle Car with EFI?

Hello, I am adding EFI to my 70's muscle car and am interested in using a Gen 5 Camaro [perhaps ZL1, CTS-V] fuel pump module.

From what I have read, this is to be PWM controlled and I am looking to see how the Chevy FPCM are setup to operate. My ECU will send out a PWM signal, but I need a module to handle the electrical load of the pump [my ECU will not]. Does anyone have experience with the Chevy FPCM tuning/modding one or wiring one up from scratch?

Thanks
SquirrelCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
This is the general Discussion forum, not too many people with a new car are gonna have a lot of input. Better off in one of the tech forums on this site or in the 'off topic other cars' section.

But it's going to help your cause to tell us which car you have now. For all we know, somebody makes a kit for that.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
SquirrelCat

Drives: Barracuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
This is the general Discussion forum, not too many people with a new car are gonna have a lot of input. Better off in one of the tech forums on this site or in the 'off topic other cars' section.

But it's going to help your cause to tell us which car you have now. For all we know, somebody makes a kit for that.
Darn, I saw 5th Gen General and thought it'd fit in. Perhaps a mod can move it? I don't see the option to move it myself rather than starting another post. Thanks!

My car? It's *ahem* a Barracuda.
SquirrelCat is offline   Reply With Quote