Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
What twin turbo systems are available for our cars

Was trying to do a bit or research, and have not been able to find any systems for our cars with pricing yet unless im missing some companies.

They must still be in development?
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Pricing is always hard to get. You always hear "Give us a call and we can quote you"

TWIN

TWIN

twin

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #3
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I wish a someone would come out with a kit that was very OEM-like. Something for the folks who aren't chasing some silly high horsepower number that comes with reasonably sized turbo(s).
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:45 AM   #4
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
The reason most say give em a call is because of so many options

Are you looking for 600whp or 1000whp
Are you dig racing or roll racing
1/2 or 1/4

I think On3 and Armageddon are developing for C6 platform

Personally I would go with AGP

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #5
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I wish a someone would come out with a kit that was very OEM-like. Something for the folks who aren't chasing some silly high horsepower number that comes with reasonably sized turbo(s).
The one from agp looks like it supports 800whp.

Thats perfect for low boost levels.

You wouldn't want to throw a pair of gt28r's that flow enough for 600whp to achieve a goal of 550whp, iat's will be too high and it will lose steam on the top end of the powerband.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #6
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I was going to check more info about AGP Turbos system but their sponsor link doesn't show up anything for me and on their site only a 5th gen is listed. Are they still around for the 6th gens or did they run into problems with it?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
i just helped install an agp kit on a buddies car. It was a lot of work. There is a lot of stuff that needs moved around to make a fit. If you want factory like fit get one of the blowers.

That being said their kit is pretty nice. High quality parts, nice welds. The kit was $8k but I would expect that price to go up if they continue to only sell it with the efr turbos. It spools crazy fast and I would be suprised if it doesn't break 900hp but it is perfectly happy making 600hp if you don't need that much power.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #8
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Really confused about your statement. You're wanting a twin turbo kit that's OEM like?

If not, then Edelbrock, Maggie, or Procharger all make kits that include tunes which are great horsepower adders and are relatively safe. I know that the Edelbrock and Maggie (not sure about the Procharger) offer a 36k/3yr warranties on the powertrain.

Another alternative is adding the SC from an LT4 engine. Closest you'll get to OEM. Contact ADM performance.

But a twin turbo setup for 550-600 rwhp just doesn't make any sense.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #9
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
I wanted to go TT. Or even single T... Just like turbos more than superchargers. The sound, the mechanics, the control of boost etc etc etc... I may try going with the boost side wastegate setup on my D1 procharger eventually but we'll see.

That all being said. Me and a local fabricator lifted the car up to take a gander at what we had to work with. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck that. There is hardly any room going upwards from the bottom to the headers. Most companies have needed to move the engine up just a smidge. My buddy is in the middle of developing headers, blah blah blah. Not too turbo friendly. Explains AGP's price and after looking at the amount of work involved, I would say you want nothing farther than an expert to handle the install.

I turbo charged my 3v mustang without a lift back in 07... Thought i'd go the same route. I was dead wrong.

We'll see how the "kits" go as time progresses.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
PackersFan26

Thanks for the responses everyone. Im sure in due time we will see some offerings from Hellion and Armageddon. Sucks this generation inst TT friendly. AGPs kit for the 5th gen is only like 6 grand and looks and sounds amazing!

Like someone else said I just love everything about turbos as opposed to SC's. Sound, feel, efficiency. etc.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #11
PackersFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCoffey View Post
I was going to check more info about AGP Turbos system but their sponsor link doesn't show up anything for me and on their site only a 5th gen is listed. Are they still around for the 6th gens or did they run into problems with it?
Not sure. Armageddon released a ton of youtube content last year and early this year showing development and testing of their system. It looked complete to me...haven't heard anything from them since.

Maybe these guys are indeed running into problems.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #12
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
I had the AGP twin turbo kit on my 5th gen and loved it hands down... Been hunting for information on a relatively bolt on twin kit for the 6th gen but haven't seen much info or people who have done it before me as testers first lol.. Did get a price from Armageddon and asked about fuel but i was under the impression you would need to upgrade that.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #13
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Really confused about your statement. You're wanting a twin turbo kit that's OEM like?

If not, then Edelbrock, Maggie, or Procharger all make kits that include tunes which are great horsepower adders and are relatively safe. I know that the Edelbrock and Maggie (not sure about the Procharger) offer a 36k/3yr warranties on the powertrain.

Another alternative is adding the SC from an LT4 engine. Closest you'll get to OEM. Contact ADM performance.

But a twin turbo setup for 550-600 rwhp just doesn't make any sense.
Yes? I don't care for the warranty of those systems as I'm sure it would be a tremendously difficult venture to attempt to make any claims whatsoever.

But to get 500ish-whp from a low boost, very well integrated system while leaving your engine relatively untouched sounds good to me. Especially considering that I couldn't hit those numbers with bolt ons.

I've contacted ADM. They're unfortunately rather far from me so, that's quite prohibitive. My only legitimate option is Vengeance Racing. Which is very expensive. But they'll only work on my car with parts they've supplied; which I can understand but, many times, I can get the parts for less than their listed price so, it's not advantageous either way.

I'll admit, though, the LT4 kit was by far the most attractive kit out there to me because it was an OEM item but, I have no place locally that I can trust to do the work.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #14
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Pricing is always hard to get. You always hear "Give us a call and we can quote you"

TWIN

TWIN

twin
I replied to Stillen asking about the Edelbrock and they wanted my address before they'd talk.. uhm no.
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote