Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Misfire in 3 cylinders. Fuel regulator pressure issue?

I am writing here because in the other thread NOBODY answered me in two weeks!

Camaro 2011 RS V6 86k miles no mods

On January 1st I was coming from a road trip, I filled the tank with premium gas and after a few minutes the engine started to work badly, the CEL was turned on and there was a very strong smell of gas.

I always take my scanner with me because the Camaro is the car with more failures than I had until now. I had failures in the cylinder 1 and 3 and code P0089 failed in the fuel pressure regulator.

After a few minutes, cylinder 5 started to fail, the fuel mixture was very rich. I had to stop and call a tow truck.

The next day, I started again, it vibrated a little and there was a lot of white steam with the smell of burning gasoline from the exhaust. Now the car is running normally. I only tried a one mile and saved the car because it has gasoline in the oil, even though my oil is new (only 800 miles).

What do you recommend? The GM V6 3.6 doesn't seem to have spare parts like the fuel pressure regulator, only a sensor, right?

My 6 spark plugs are new, I changed them just 10 months ago

The car has now more than two weeks abandoned

This is my Fuel pressure in iddle

Please help me budies! Thanks
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.6 v6, fail, fuel regulator, injection, misfires