Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
BMW 6 vert vs ZL1 vert

I agree with them on the Camaro top, I cant believe they dont have things like auto latch on closing and one press open and close...

was watching an old movie with Cary Grant and he was in a convertible where he just hit down and it went down, no holding the button the whole time...if they had it back then it should be standard today.

I also agree that I think the Camaro is a better driving experience than the BMW...
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
Totally different driving experience IMO. I owned a 6 vert and the BMW is a touring car, more refined. Where I feel the Z is more of a power car...one is raw power, the other understated power and elegance.

As the owner of a Camaro vert, I don't mind the latch in the roof. One touch auto top would be nice, but is it difficult to keep my finger on the button?...No. I do wish the Camaro had a hard tounnea cover that was more like European cars, but it isn't a European car, but an American car and typically American cars are more like the Camaro with a true rag top.

Better driving experience depends on what you want out of the experience? If you want a raw power ride, I would say the Camaro. If you want a lot of power, but smoother ride that isn't muscle car like, then the BMW. Just my 2 cents.
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
DarkneZZ

Drives: '13 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
Totally different driving experience IMO. I owned a 6 vert and the BMW is a touring car, more refined. Where I feel the Z is more of a power car...one is raw power, the other understated power and elegance.

As the owner of a Camaro vert, I don't mind the latch in the roof. One touch auto top would be nice, but is it difficult to keep my finger on the button?...No. I do wish the Camaro had a hard tounnea cover that was more like European cars, but it isn't a European car, but an American car and typically American cars are more like the Camaro with a true rag top.

Better driving experience depends on what you want out of the experience? If you want a raw power ride, I would say the Camaro. If you want a lot of power, but smoother ride that isn't muscle car like, then the BMW. Just my 2 cents.
this
DarkneZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
As a former M5 owner, I can tell you I miss a lot of things that the BMW had...except the massive bills that went along with ownership. $180+ oil changes. $3,800 brake jobs. 3 week waits for parts...Overly complex controls. My SS is just a great car that I can get in and enjoy the drive.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
I imagine the ZL1 will hold up a lot better than the BMW. I no no one with a BMW that has not had problems with them. Luckily most people will lease BMW as opposed to buying so much of the repair costs are included in the lease.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Anybody else notice the zl1 had paddle shifters and a 6 speed manual
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post

I wouldn't mind if it just had a hard cover like the corvette does, simple and looks better than having everything exposed.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Anybody else notice the zl1 had paddle shifters and a 6 speed manual
Wow, that's lame.

Some of the stuff they pointed out, the Camaro was at an obvious disadvantage. The top for one thing; however, for twice the price the BMW's top better go down the way it does. That complexity also means more to go wrong, more to fix, and more money to fix. As far as him pointing out the finishes inside... the simply comes from it being twice the price. Happy to see they chose the ZL1.