Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-23-2024, 06:47 PM   #1
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
2017 Convertible front tires cupping

Hi all, I have 2017 Convertible and have 60K miles on it and for the past 30K-35K miles, and sadly did not get them rotated and last week took my car in to have them rotated and Discount Tire said the front were cupping and they moved to the back.

But they said that the front suspension and or alignment caused the cupping on the front tires.

So I think my fault that I forgot to have my tires rotated and that's also could have caused this?

But thinking getting the front end alignment, but I also have the GM EPPP ext warranty and just looked at it and it covers some suspension parts, but the would anyone say I should take my Camaro to the dealer and see if there are any damaged or wearing parts that the warranty will cover?

Below is whats in the warranty coverage, but i'm sure what maybe caused the cupping, are these what are the cause?

Thank you very much, as I want to be more knowledgable.
Christopher

"STEERING: All Internal Parts contained within the Steering Box; Rack and Pinion Gear; Power Steering Pump; Power Steering Hoses; Steering Knuckles;
Pitman Arm; Idler Arm; Tie Rod Ends and Drag Link; Steering Dampner; Upper and Lower Steering Column Shafts and Couplings, including Internal
Tilt–Wheel Mechanism; Steering Box and Rack and Pinion Gear Housings; Power Steering Assist Cylinder; Power Steering Pump Cooler; Twin "I" Beam &
Bushings; and Steering Travel Stop. REAR WHEEL STEERING: Rear Steering Shaft and Couplings; Power Cylinder and Pump; Electronic Control Unit/
Solenoid; Phase Control Unit; Stepper Motor; Steering Box; Control Valve; Rack; and Tie Rod Ends."
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote