Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2024, 02:20 PM   #15
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
I vote leaving the knock sensitivity alone other than for headers and let ethanol do it's job. Keep the timing in it to like 200 degrees IAT with straight pump E and log it. Then if you still want more do what you suggested and get a water to air under the intake manifold. Pistons are forged and nobody really the knows the actual cooling effects of ethanol because 9 times out of 10 a boosted non diesel setup doesn't have an EGT gauge in their vehicle. If I did nitrous, I would do dry and have timing be dictated by the IAT. That way if it fails to turn on, it will pull timing the same way as if you ran a alky/meth kit for cooling only and it didn't kit on.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 07:14 PM   #16
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
I vote leaving the knock sensitivity alone other than for headers and let ethanol do it's job. Keep the timing in it to like 200 degrees IAT with straight pump E and log it. Then if you still want more do what you suggested and get a water to air under the intake manifold. Pistons are forged and nobody really the knows the actual cooling effects of ethanol because 9 times out of 10 a boosted non diesel setup doesn't have an EGT gauge in their vehicle. If I did nitrous, I would do dry and have timing be dictated by the IAT. That way if it fails to turn on, it will pull timing the same way as if you ran a alky/meth kit for cooling only and it didn't kit on.
definitely not touching knock sensitivity anymore cause i definitely don’t want to cause any problems. i believe we have it adjusted just enough to get rid of false knock from random crap. It looks like right now my iat’s wide open at about 62-6500 are 180 so it’s been pulling about 10-12 degrees from that. but oh well, not much we can really do about it at the moment until i get some parts to alleviate it so i’m pretty much just gonna take it easy. i don’t drive it too often anyways. The only thing i could possible do right now it’s go down a pulley size and see if that helps a little bit
'19 Camaro SS | LT4 High Side and LT4 injectors | Fore Innovations Triple 525 In-tank pumps | Too High PSI Secondary Port injection | E85 | Holley Low Ram | BTR Stage 3 S/C Cam | Circle D 3600 Stall | Forged pistons and rods | D1X procharger, 3.5 pulley making 18-20 PSI
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cammed, iat, methanol, nitrous, procharger