View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:01 PM   #376
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
AFM just exacerbates the problem, it doesn't cause it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Hate to burst their bubble, but the shudder has been reported on turbo 4s, the CTS-V, and ATS-V which I believe all do not have AFM. Now could AFM be a contributing factor, I'd definitely say yes. The driveline is under the most load then so would make sense. But as stated some time ago in this thread, the slip tables seem the be closer to root cause. The TC materials/QC definitely is on the right track too, since we have heard there are multiple revisions now.

As far as AFM not making a real difference, that depends on your driving habits. I have managed to take the a 25 mile average on the same strip of road (all highway). The difference was almost 6 mpgs (36.6mpg vs 30.4mpg). Most of the people claiming no improvement are driving stop and go, or urban areas which it definitely doesn't make a difference. On the highway at speed, the difference is significant. Is that worth it to some people? Probably not, but that's a matter of personal choice.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote