View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #375
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
The dealers aren't fixing the problems. They're kicking the can down the road. They're installing the same torque converters which will eventually have the same issue. Also, customer experiences have been varying from dealership to dealership with some jumping right on it while others play deaf, dumb, and blind to the issue and refuse to recognize the problem. Some of us have modded engines and/or exhausts to boot and dealer service centers get all bitchy about that even if you come in with a known issue. What you say is right, GM should just fix this shit without question but, the reality is that they can't even bring themselves to make this a recall issue. It's a service bulletin which has to be brought in and proven to be a problem. Half the time, unless it jumps up and bites their dick off, they can't find an issue. So, when you weigh out the fact that replacing the torque converter is only a temporary fix with the experiences of customers getting their car back only to be told the tech can't find a problem, it makes sense to find a permanent solution ourselves. You can play Billy Badass all day long but, that doesn't mean the dealership is going to replace your torque converter. They can deny you for any sort of stupid reason. I don't drive around the problem. I tuned the problem out in the software. And if I have any issue with the torque converter, I'll swap it out with an aftermarket one that I won't have to replace again in 8k miles and I'll get better performance to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Cool, drive around the issue in your $40K car then

Dealer's had my car 3 weeks, and I'm very busy as well. It's their problem to fix and I'll be damned if I try to drive around it.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote