View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #77
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
The only thing I don't want to see is the Camaro becoming too similar to the rest of the cars in the Chevrolet lineup. It makes sense for Cruze>Malibu>Impala to look like a 1,2,3 in size comparison as somewhat similar looking sedans. The Camaro needs to continue with bold styling that makes it stand out uniquely from the rest of the pack. It needs to continue to be a car that people look at and instantly recognize as a Camaro.

Part of what drew me to the 5th gen was just what I described above. It stands out, is unique and different from everything else on the road. Get a bunch of non-car enthusiasts together, de-badge a group of Camry, Accord, Sonata, Altima, etc, and see if they could even begin to identify which was which.

Although some non-car people will call every de-badged pony car a "mustang", I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of them could tell the difference and identify a Camaro as a Camaro.

With the Dodge Challenger being replaced by the SRT Barracuda, and the 2015 Mustang being redesigned, both cars are going for a modern, more streamlined look. At what cost to bold, stand out model recognition I wonder? Will they blend in more with regular run of the mill sedans and two-door coupes? Only time will tell. I hope the redesigned Camaro will still have some bold styling cues that are uniquely Camaro and nothing else. It could be a differentiator amongst the competition.

That is part of what makes a Camaro a Camaro, I believe making it too similar to anything else would be a bad decision.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote