View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #101
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
That is great work....More than most of us can achieve, but it's hard to not favor these more modern designs. They just look like a more viable evolution of the icon. Your design reminds me of an Australian (Holden) sibling to a 2003-2009 Camaro-like car. Then again, it just may be a limitation in the tool you are using to render. We may just be missing the finer details that these other renders can portray.

Here's another angle of the alternate design.

I'm drawing these by hand in Adobe Illustrator so it's purely by eye. The renderings you posted are done in a 3d program that can calculate angles, shape, surfaces, lighting and reflections so they look more real.

If by modern you mean extreme, then yes that's what you see there in those renderings. I'm not a fan of that kind of look myself but I know others are. Those kinds of designs tend to have exaggerated shapes and sizing which don't really lend themselves to practical use or manufacturing. It might look interesting at a show but you probably wouldn't want to drive around in something like that; especially as a daily driver.

I'm trying to come up with a design that's reasonably practical and capable of being produced in a manufacturing assembly plant. It's not going to be extreme looking but then I don't think the Camaro was ever that kind of style anyways so what I'm doing is more in line with what is generally accepted as the look of a Camaro.

I do appreciate everyone's participation, comments and efforts though! Here's an updated rendition of the perspective view but with some depth detail in the front cutouts.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fp.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  120.7 KB

If I could put this design in a 3d program and knew how to create this shape in it then you'd see MUCH better images of what this should look like.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM