Thread: ZL1 vs Hellcat
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #665
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
What if you take a professional driver with all stock cars. The driver runs all cars on the same 1/4 track within a reasonable amount of time. Would you accept those times as reasonable?
When I see a car run a number in person it's more believeable. I've been drag racing for a long long time. Many on most websites are clueless as to how quick cars truly are or are not. I'm no professional driver by any stretch but I can pilot a car down the dragstrip. Seems simple enough doesn't it? That said I see far too many newer cars crash into the guardrails because the driver thinks he (or she) can simply mash the gas and lay down a number. When a car has enough power you have to actually "drive it" and pay attention. A couple weeks back I saw a young man in his BMW leave the starting boiling the rear tires past the 330' mark without a clue only to find himself doing a 360* spin and slapping the opposite guardrail HARD broadside. It happens more frequently than you might think but it's usually the newer Mustangs that make contact with the wall. I hate seeing that stuff.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote