Thread: ZL1 vs Hellcat
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #664
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzazoo View Post
Speedy, great to see you still floating around the forums; even after the days of the overly-saturated-with-advertisements challengertalk.com
Hey man, good to see you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
This could be said about quite a few hellcat's many many run's under the factory claimed number's. Not the car's fault
Sure, but I've seen a lot that run awesome times and personally seen WAY more run awesome times than crappy ones. I put on a drag race event and car show once a year, very similar to CamaroFest, called ChallengerFest and we've have tons of Hellcats show up the past couple years. Same day same track and ladies in their Chargers are kicking ass. You almost have to try to run a bad time in one from what I've seen and you can hot lap them all day and they run within a 10th every time. Pretty amazing really. I've honestly never seen a high power Camaro match it's claimed dyno sheet. Please don't take that as a dig, it's just something we've noticed. I've had buddies with 700HP dyno sheets run 12.50s at 114MPH in their Gen5s. I don't care how bad you launch or shift the car, with 700HP you should make some trap speed. Same goes for the ZL1s that have come and played at the track with us, but I digress.

I've always suspected the shop put big numbers on the dyno sheet so they felt the money was worth it, then turned the tune down to something off the edge for every day driving but didn't tell them. It sometimes happens in the Mopar world as well, but less so as there's honestly not that many guys that can effectively tune a Mopar, but seems to be tons that tune Chevy.

Now that I have a Camaro, I'll extend an invite to a few of you guys here to come join the fun at ChallengerFest next year. Run your car for grins if you want and have some fun with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
What if you take a professional driver with all stock cars. The driver runs all cars on the same 1/4 track within a reasonable amount of time. Would you accept those times as reasonable?
That would certainly be a start. Even same track, same day, same conditions takes a lot of variables out of the equation. Taking the actual E.T. out of the picture, which also eliminates a lot of required driver skill, the trap speeds tell the tale on power. The Hellcat traps 123-125MPH. That takes some serious power to achieve that in 1/4 mile.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote