View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 09:52 AM   #8
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
What does he misunderstand?
Barra or any other CEO of a publicly traded company doesn't do anything without the confidence of the board, which represents the company's shareholders. What the customer wants is actually secondary to what the shareholders want, although the two are inevitably linked. GM continues to be one of the best-sellers of light pickups in the US, and is also aiming to be a leader in EV's as well. Note that behind the editor's sour comments about EV's, sales of EV's in the US continue to grow year over year. The problem is that automakers have over-estimated demand while infrastructure has been slower to catch up from a position of already being behind.

The article is another misogynistic look at Barra and is obviously anti-EV, and takes a negative stance with regard to GM as a whole because GM "killed" our beloved Camaro. Boring. I consider myself centrist with regards to EV's. I lease an EV for fun, as an experiment to see what it's all about and experience it in my own way, far from any media or internet perception of such. The current limitations of, and public sentiment of EV's can be discussed analytically and without such slant, either for, or against. We get it, Camaro enthusiasts (including myself) are disappointed the model has reached another end. We can do that while acknowledging the Camaro is not currently a focus for GM.

I'm not here to argue. It's all her fault, and the government is making us all buy EV's. Yep. :nods: That's a super-productive way to look at things.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote