View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #126
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I've put my opinion here quite a bit lol...I think what your doing is fun and maybe GM will take note of some of the opinions here. Of course, by now it may be getting a bit late in the design stage....who knows.

Anyways, I felt like the front was coming together nicely, but the side profile is still not doing it for me. I feel it has got to have a futuristic muscle feel. The shoulder lines look too soft to me. The current Camaro has a short swoop in the rear, and then from the door handle and up, a longer swoop. I wonder If that can't be exaggerated a bit more? Your design softens up on those swoops. If that's how you see the 6th gen, well then that's just fine. This is your creation after all so I have no problem with that but I want those defining lines.

I don't think everything has to be edgy these days, but I sure do like it (much of the time). I also feel the greenhouse is still too short...its shorter than the current car...at least it looks that way.

For me, I love the hard edges of the current Camaro and I'd like to see that carried into the next gen. From any angle, the way the sun, or whatever light source there is bounces and reflects off the body just really gives you something to look at.

I don't really lean one way or the other on a revolutionary, or evolutionary design.
At least you're participating which I appreciate.

As far as softening the lines you are correct; that's exactly what I've done. Generally a "refinement" means to smooth things out and this is more or less a refinement type design. I can do what you suggest with the fender line but then it starts looking very much like a 1969 or 5th profile which is what people are saying they don't want. They want something newer than that. What I may do is some quick concept sketches of single 3/4 views to get an idea of what strikes people's fancy. I'll do quick sketches of everything from sleek to something that looks like it belongs in a Batman movie and see what kind of reactions they get.

I'm sure the Camaro design team already has designs but after seeing the refresh I'm seriously worried they're going in that direction with a flattened, unemotional horizontal rectangles look. Camaros are cars that when you see them put a smile on your face; they're not supposed to have a "maybe it will grow on me" kind of reaction.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM