View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #56
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
For me, I would prefer the next Z/28 retain the N/A configuration but get a few more ponies, say up to ~525-ish or a few more.

This should be doable with the LT1 using upgraded intake, heads, cam, tuning, and exhaust and still meet emissions while avoiding (hopefully) the GG Tax. And, if GM can get its track weight down to 3500-3600 lbs, even better.
Getting to the 35XX weight range would be nice for sure, but considering that the 5th gen Z/28 didn't quite save 100 lbs from the SS, getting 100 out of the 6th gen would be at the upper limit of what I'd expect. Certainly possible if they focus a bit more on mass reduction. But I could also easily see them not going the 'hardcore' route this time and keeping the trunk carpet and the speakers and so on, which would obviously make it a lot harder to cut 100+ lbs.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote