View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #73
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
When I was in the Army, I had a squad leader who was dumb as a box of rocks... in fact, his "secret" nickname was, "Box of Rocks." Anyhow, one day my squad was tasked with repainting the parking space lines in the just- repaved parking lot.

My sergeant, being the genius that he was, had a plan: He measured the width of a car, and THAT was the distance that each line would be from the next.

I tried to explain the error of that logic... I really did. But, in addition to being as smart as a box of rocks, that guy was also pretty much of an a- hole, and he would hear NOTHING of what some stupid private was trying to say. Fine... we painted that entire parking lot with lines juuuuuust far enough apart for a car to squeeze into, as long a s folks didn't mind rubbing up on the car to the left or the right... or both. And... there wasn't room to open the door... that had not been factored in.

Yes, the sergeant major was PISSED. And I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Box of Rocks get reamed for being... a box of rocks.
It would seem your squad leader went on to get a career in parking lot painting, because they all seem to be that way now.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote