View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #21
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
I appreciate all the input, but for those who dismiss the Audi because it makes less tq and weighs considerably more than the Camaro, all I can say is look at the test data. Physics aside, the Audi somehow manages a 0-60 time of 3.9 to 4.5 seconds depending on which test you read, and a 1/4 mile time of mid 12s with comparable trap speeds to the Camaro.

What I'm hoping for is some insight from those who drag race their auto trans SS on a regular basis and might have some tips on how to get the best run out of my SS. Do you suggest dropping the rear tire pressure? Do you use launch control? If not do you just launch from idle? Turn off traction control or leave it on? Track mode, or touring mode for better weight transfer? Any constructive tips are appreciated. I can certainly figure out all those variables for myself, but I'd like the benefit of others experience to save myself a hundred experimental runs and a set of tires! ��

Its all about hooking up and put your power to pavement. Look at the old muscle cars from the 60 and 70s. Terrible 1/4 mile times. Not because they were low on power but could not put the power efficiently to the ground as they would spin tires all through first gear. Bias ply tires and available transmission gearing were the big factors.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote