View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #43
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
So, I think I know that in the case of the LS7 for instance, this engine was a bit lighter than say the LSA (SC'd) and then also the LS9, which made for better balance.

I also think I understand that for the road course enthusiast that NA is the preferred induction method, is that really just because of heat soak?

If so, and the Z/28 with an LT4 and all the cooling engineered into it, does not have that issue like the Z06 (and by all accounts so far the ZL1 does not - i guess time will tell), but the Z/28 does get all the other upgrades for being a "track beast", better suspension, aero, tires, weight reductions and balance enhancements...would this be enough in your opinions to be worthy of the Z/28 plate?
I'm sure the increased weight is also an issue. It's higher on the engine and at the front of car. If you decrease the overall weight of the car, that will magnify the extra weight of the engine as well.

As for the rest, I guess that is for Al O and the team to decide. Whatever they build, I'm sure it will be an excellent performer. I would just prefer it to be n/a, even though I will likely never be able to afford one.