View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #141
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
This ^^^^.....lol....Personally, with this move of plants I'd shy away from the last year Gen5 and the first year Gen6....Human nature being a factor as seen in some of these posts may find it's way to the assembly line...lol...

Like it or not, people tend to want their own country to prosper and even though it may not be the case, the impression is that Canada losing the Camaro is a bad thing....

I knew my car was built in Canada...(So was my '88 GMC dually)...hopefully cooler heads prevail...Peace!
You may be interested to know that the quality ratings of the 4th gen Camaro (and Firebird) went UP after we announced that the Ste. Therese Plant would be closed. You forget that so many of our men and women on the assembly line put their everything into what they do.....I can tell you that the people at Ste. Therese were very proud of what they did - and they were bound and determined to put out a quality product to the very end.

Similarly - the men and women at Oshawa have proven time and time again that they believe in what they do - as far as I know, we'll continue to build XTS and Regal and the new Impala at that plant (..and final assembly for some Equini...)

To say that they're going to damage cars or 'slack' just isn't so and I think is a slap in the face to some pretty remarkable people.