View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I certainly hope that V-6 improvements and technology advances are going to be the wave of the future...

IMO, I think we tend to forget the current love affair with these V-8 supposed "muscle-cars" is a phenomenon that I don't think anybody expected to last as long as it has...But the V-8 engine, and all that goes with it, is not the wave of the future, unfortunately...Whatever all this European engine business is all about, it is firmly entrenched in the US already...The big V-8 is the exception, not the rule...

The variety of available V-8 series engines that GM has been or currently is making, is getting smaller and smaller....The amount of technology and research that was necessary to put into the up-coming LT-1 V-8s is astounding....I think the day will come when what they can do and are willing to do with the V-8 will be here much sooner than later...

....The V-6 will for sure become a performance engine of choice. I would much rather see that, than see the internal-combustion gasoline engine go away altogether....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote