View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 07:22 PM   #7
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Honestly, with this being the last time that the two will share a production year (while both being ICE anyway) I'm surprised that we aren't seeing more same day testing between the two. Historical data is great and is still viable, but seeing them both tear up a strip and track against one another is something, at least, I'd like to see before Camaro goes (on hiatus?).
For some reason we never had a same day GT350 or Mach 1 against the SS 1LE comparison. Randy Pobst tried one with the Mach 1 but he had a pre refresh SS1LE with some miles an issues on the brakes. It was also an Auto Mach 1 vs Manual 1LE comparison with Mach 1 edging the 1LE 0.4 seconds( i am not sure on the total time). Throttle House did a track review on the GT350 vs M2 and M2 put down better times. Camaro ss 1le put down faster times than that M2 on a different day.

Now the most interesting thing is CarandDriver put down a faster lap time with a Mach 1 ( i am not sure if it was an auto) than a GT350R, again on a different day. Considering that GT350R has beaten Mach 1 in every performance metric, including being 200+ lbs lighter is very interesting. So then what is really going on? Different day lap times, can they really make that much of a difference? I am hoping that Throttle House can do a same day comparison. Even add the same tires on the cars, auto vs auto or manual vs manual. I am guessing longer the straights and with auto, Dark Horse should pull away from the 1LE. But when it comes to cornering, in and out acceleration, braking, SS 1LE has the advantage.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote