View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #667
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
But if you go back and look at the price of the 1st Gen Camaros and correct for inflation, the 5th Gens with the same performance are just marginally more expensive. Yet, you get lot's of extras (i.e., air bags, a/c, sat. radio, etc...) for that extra money. Yes, we go through periods where costs go up faster than inflation, then times were they are less than inflation. It all comes out in the wash eventually.

As for the 500 HP, if GM actually develops a 10 speed transmission and reduces weight by 15%, then you may not need 500 HP to get the same performance out the same HP as the LT1 10-12 years from now.

If you don't like FI, then yes you will have a problem because all the car manufacturers are going that route. You can always go the crate engine route or just keep what you have. However, most people don't seem to be shying away from the smaller displacement, FI alternatives that are being offered now. Why would they shy away 10-12 years from now when the technology is more ubiquitous and reliable?
Good points and I agree with you. But I wont be amazed at the technology engineered in 10 yrs time. Eventually with smaller displacement and same or more power, what youre referring to, equates to a ricer in american form. Not my thing. I guess everyone then they'll will have large fart pipes on their camaros.

On a serious note, the "muscle" and roar will be lost. Which is what some of us enjoy.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote