View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #181
Blast

Drives: 2009 SAAB 9-5 Aero
I honestly don't see the problem here ..

Some people want their perfect car with the perfect engine (insert whatever's appropriate for you in both those places) and they don't want any other option.

"I want Zeta platform with a V8 and nothing else is a Camaro" is all I'm hearing when the sales are saying that the V6s outsell the V8s.

Me? I want a V8. That's my choice. If a blown I4 goes into the base C6, so be it. It's not for me, but maybe it's for someone else that would've gone and bought something else.

More sales of <insert car that I like here> means cheaper production. That means the carmaker can make more money and/or we get a cheaper car. With the economy being what it is, those two are good things.

One engine option on a car, unless it has a huge thing going for it is going to get less sales. Less sales means less money for the maker and/or higher price for the consumer.

The next gen Mustang is getting an 2.3L I4 with a turbo on it rated at 330hp.

I don't see the Camaro going lower than what the base Mustang pushes out, do you?

Turboed cars have been very reliable for ages. I can't say anything about airplanes but the car I'm driving isn't my first turbo car.

Yes you can abuse a turbo car so that the turbo fails. Some cars have inherent flaws that destroy the turbo. Some have other flaws that destroy other parts of the engine or car. It's not the turbo or not turbo that is the issue, it's how the rest is designed.

// Stefan

Last edited by Blast; 12-04-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote