View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #329
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True but the first Z/28's around me had high mark ups, then they couldn't give them away. I don't remember high markups on the first ZL1 5th gen, maybe 3-5K but those disappeared after a month or two. What I don't get though, is looking at the ZL1 production numbers, they seem very similar to the Shelby #s. Without going brand battle royale here, why. Why is there still high ADM on the shelby and not on the ZL1. Hellcat ADM came down too after a few months. Is it just the shelby name? I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Cobra's They had similar production to a GT500?

Yep. First S197's and first 5th Gens by me had ADM on them like 1500 to 3K until the lots were full. Then you could get them under MSRP.
I think it comes down to the customer really. I personally would not have a ZL1 if a dealer markup had been attached to mine. The first thing I asked my buddy when he told me they had one coming in was if there was a markup on it and what the price was. He told me it was going for MSRP and I jumped on it. I think a lot of us would not have gone for that crap because we benefitted from seeing the Dodge camp go thru it with the HC and then the Ford camp with the Shelby. In both cases the customers thought they were in for an investment and that the car would be super rare. And now you can get both of those cars for way less than the MSRP. Funny thing is that a guy on the HC pages said he paid a $40K, you heard that right ($40,000) ADM for a Demon. Anyway. After us seeing the HC and Shelby go for high markups most of us were not willing to do the same for the ZL1. And trust me, if people had held out on buying a Shelby with a markup then they would have lowered the prices and eliminated the markups too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I will disagree with that. I honestly don't think if the S197 was a big of a success as it was I don't think we'd have the Camaro we have today.
Agree to disagree.