View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:07 AM   #66
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
It's going to be much smaller, but not so much it won't be cool and fun, I'm sure. I'm concerned about pricing anyway, truth be told. When F-body beat up on Mustang back in the day, except early 4th gen, it also cost more on average.

Seems to have said more than 200 as an afterthought... a side note... insignificant... but there it is.

The old 302 was indeed iron and the new 5L is aluminum.

Base listing is 3,618? Okay... base 15 GT is 3,705. I don't see 125 lb in there. I see 87 lb.

Just because the new model doesn't contain something a model before it contained, doesn't mean we can go, "Nuh uh tho' brah!" and claim the car didn't actually change weight as claimed. It's a car, not a slew of parts in a pile.

By your analogy, the new Camaro will weigh 200+ lb less than the current because, after all, it will be different and the current has things the new one won't have, like additional weight.

The new Mustang, as it is in base form, weighs 87 lb more than the old one did in the same... keyword: BASE ... form.

DATZ FUNNY!
It's not about what's possible. Most people expect a 3,695-3,710 lb base model SS... that's not so random or farfetched. The 1LE simply does weigh less than the standard SS, so why should anyone think the new SS will be 200 lb lighter than that model, arbitrarily? Doesn't make sense to me, though it would be cool.

Look at the above analogy... we may as well say, "The base SS can't weigh what it weighs because the 1LE is lighter." Well, the 1LE isn't base. So why are we expecting a base weight to be determined by using the weight of a non - base model?
I'm talking about the physical car itself gained 125lbs. If both had spares or air pumps, there would be 125lb difference. Just common sense. Ford just didn't add a spare in there base in 15 to keep the weight down.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote