View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #45
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Given that that statement is true (which it is) the car is going to lose some room- most likely in the trunk- which will put it in the category of useless just like the GTO is/was. I would venture to guess that you will notice very little change on the exterior when the platform switch occurs. Too much change at once is probably not the greatest of ideas. Personally, I would LOVE for them to figure out how to bring T-tops back and hold the structural integrity they are forcing themselves to maintain for crash tests. That's really my only wish for a "change".

I agree, but I really think the 6th gen is going to be smaller than the 5th gen. I also think it's going to weigh less. I think we're going to see a shorter nose, and smaller ass end. I also think we're going to see 4 cyl, 6 cyl, and 8 cyl engine options. Overall I think the car is going to slim down, and become more of a sporty coupe than a "muscle" car. T-tops would be fantastic if they could pull it off. I think the car is going to handle better because it will be lighter and will have a smaller foot print. I would prefer they just left the car the way it is now but with minor changes to the interior and exterior styling. However, the times they are a changin, and if GM wants to compete, they are going to have to change too. It's rumored that the next gen Corvette is going to be lighter and with a smaller displacement V8 in place of the LS3. I think this same thing will occur with the 6th gen Camaro. So, smaller displacement V8 in a car the size of the Camaro? Sure it would work, but not as well as the LS3. And I don't think that GM is going to alienate their customers by going from a 6.2 liter down to a 5.5 liter (this is the rumored next gen corvette motor, example only) without also slimming down the car and making it weigh less.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote