View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #35
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I think I'll just blithely ignore all posts that offer no constructive feedback or even answer the question "Camaro or Mustang". I'm also not going to post any images of any part of the car that still has a lot of work to do so people don't start blowing chunks and getting woozy.

I'll probably do both a Camaro and a Mustang version just for the sake of interest. However at the moment I'm working on it as a Camaro. I've slightly re-proportioned the cabin towards the back which was not an easy task to do with this design. I'm also not entirely opposed to a change in engine location if the Camaro does in fact go mid-engine. People have to realize that the days of the big blocks and hulking monsters are rapidly disappearing. The laws that are being forced on us by our elected so-called representatives are going to require smaller engines in the future. This concept is 2020-forward so everyone should keep in mind what effect the laws are going to have on designs at that time. In fact, if the aristoc...I mean "elected" officials get their way in the future, we won't even be able to control our cars. We'll just sit in them while the government drives it for us.

So.... that being said, here's the latest with changes to the front mostly.

Attachment 587398

This front really likes Hugger Orange:

Attachment 587399

One of my goals with this design (as was true with my previous effort) is driver visibility. This is the reason why I chose the all-glass back. It's the best solution for visibility. It opens up the cabin and gets rid of the sitting-in-a-cave feeling I've seen people complain about. Forward and side visibility with this design is excellent too. With the new thinner, lighter, stronger glasses that are now available this should be a much better solution than it was in times past.

Although I shouldn't have to say it, apparently it's still necessary to remind everyone that this is a work-in-progress and the images I post reflect that; things can and will change. Other designers generally don't do this and I can definitely see why. Being that as it may I will restrict the images I post to those views that show mostly-finished design.

If you're going to post a comment, fine... just make it constructive. Posts that say "It looks like (whatever)" are useless; don't bother because I don't care. I like to draw upon styling ideas and elements from all kinds of vehicles going back decades because I think beautiful styling is beautiful styling, no matter when it was created. I don't think all previous styling should be abandoned just because it's been done before. If you don't like it, create your own ideas and post them in your own thread so we can see what you think is better.
I agree, that would be a good improvement on visibility. Have you thought about widening the rear quarter panels a bit to help with air flow and down forces. As it sits now it will act like an air foil and tend to lift the car at speed, IMO.