View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #24
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
I whole heartedly disagree. The second gen was very popular, but it was the seventies and emissions regulations absolutely gutted the power out of all muscle cars. Style aside, once engine controls allowed for finer tuning, power returned and so did demand. Anybody ever drive a 3rd gen with the 2.8? No excitement there, and even though I liked them, the 3rd and 4th gens were rattle traps that the engineers should have been embarrassed by. I've driven and worked on all the gens and the 5th is without question the best design, build, and performance in my mind. But as a kid, I'd have sold my family to own one of those second gen Camaros, any young man would have in those days. They, along with the Firebirds and Corvettes were the epitome of sports cars.
I agree with you but Im not talking about Engine power but more aesthetics DNA the second gen being as beautiful at it is, was an euro-mutation of the original camaro, and the 3th gent is a evolution of the 2th, and then the 4 gen is a evolution of the 3th

think about how the 3th and 4 gen would look if the 2 gen would be a evolution of the 1ts gen instead of a revolution, the 5 gen go back to the roots of the DNA and they are doing what they should have done in the 70s, now said that I know the second camaro its beautiful car, please don't get me wrong.